Estimator and Large loss and Property Damage Appraiser, PQS or Equivalent preferred. Burlington 100K
Your new company
Our client is a leader in large scale property loss and damage assessment. The Post Lost Building Consultant and Estimator will be responsible for assessing post-loss property damages on complex commercial and industrial buildings. This is challenging and rare opportunity. Base salary, commission, vacation, health benefits and mileage are part of the standard compensation package.
Your new role
* Perform the necessary work to provide detailed replacement costs and actual cash value valuations on various complex commercial and industrial properties.
* Perform site inspections, quantity surveying, measuring, site meetings, specifications, quantifying, and pricing of various structures
* Produce detailed construction specifications and bid documents
* Construction contract management
* Coordinate communication between multiple sophisticated stakeholders
* Attend and participate in weekly team meetings
* Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design- build or general tender work.
* Prepare materials, labour and equipment cost estimations necessary to successfully carry out a construction project according to proposals, plans, estimates and specifications.
* Produce specification bid documents, catastrophe valuations, and conflict resolution services.
* Consult the Design-build team for large loss restoration and reconstruction projects
* Cost control auditing for restoration and reconstruction projects
* Establish unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts.
* Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, remediation techniques, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
* Review all final appraisal packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal submission and recommendation.
What you'll need to succeed
* Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction/engineering degree, PQS, MRICS, CIQS, RICS or an appropriate field is preferred
* 10 years of experience in Construction or Restoration Industry.
* Ability to read and interpret building specifications, blueprints and as-builds.
* Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates and interpret reports.
* Ability to use estimating software, appraisal management software and to learn computer programs.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
* Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
Need PQS who is up to challenge their ability to assess and monitor the construction of multi-million dollar property loss.
What you'll get in return
Base salary $80 000 - $100 000 plus an aggressive bonus plan and car allowance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.