Executive Assistant to the CEO/President
The Executive Assistant (EA) at the Canadian Electricity Association (CEA) reports directly to the President and CEO. The EA provides secretarial and administrative support in a one-on-one working relationship. The EA serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO Office. The EA maintains good working relationships with the EAs of CEA’s Board and Non-Board CEOs and works collaboratively with the Management Team and Employees. The EA oversees all meetings/special events and ensures all scheduling and related materials are provided to the CEO in a timely manner, including briefings and remarks/speeches. The EA exercises good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The EA is confident and capable of working independently and able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the President and CEO’s point of contact and communicates directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with Board and Non-Board Member CEOs and respective EAs;
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President and CEO, including scheduling and active calendar appointments;
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents, accurately and in a timely manner;
- Answers and manages incoming calls, receives and interacts with incoming visitors;
- Telephone work and maintaining good relationships with EAs to CEA’s Board and Non-Board CEOs, and all external constituencies;
- Completes and submits CEO’s expense reports by deadline and tracks travel budgets;
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas and compiles documents for travel-related meetings; this to include liaise between staff and CEO to ensure briefings and speaking remarks/speeches are scheduled and provided well in advance of meetings/travel;
- Works closely and effectively with the President and CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately;
- Acts as liaison for President and CEO with staff, maintaining good working relationships with external constituencies, Management Team and Employees;
- Create and maintain an electronic and hard copy filing system;
- Assists the CEO with IT-related queries, i.e. MS Office Suite Applications;
- Ability to work overtime, as required, to ensure all activities and scheduling is current;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President and CEO.
- Strong work ethic, not afraid of getting the work done with diligence;
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite, Dropbox and Adobe, as well as SharePoint and cloud-based corporate portals, i.e. CMS;
- Exceptional writing skills, good speaking and interpersonal skills for in-person and phone communications;
- Positive attitude with the ability to handle a variety of issues and individuals on staff and outside the office with tact and courtesy;
- Ability to provide exceptional internal and external customer service to the President and CEO, Association Staff, EAs to Board and Non-Board CEO Members, Association Members, and others;
- Well-organized and self-directed individual, with exceptional time management skills, including the ability to work under tight deadlines, prioritize and efficiently manage multiple projects, i.e. meetings/events/conferences, including all speaking engagements;
- Professional demeanor, strong judgement, maturity and ensures all tasks are undertaken with discretion and confidentiality being top-of-mind;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Easily adaptable to changes and demonstrates flexibility;
- Loyal to the President and CEO and the Association;
- Ability to communicate in French orally and in writing would be an asset;
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role with CEOs or senior executives.
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CEA is an equal opportunity employer.