The Executive Vice President (EVP) is part of the corporate executive team and will be accountable as the business leader for a division. The EVP will report to the acting President of this division. The goal is to learn the business operation process, work with the acting President to absorb, learn and move forward. This role will be located in the GTA. The incumbent will be responsible for full P & L accountability and business operations. The incumbent will provide leadership and management of the division’s core team including existing and new clinic facility operations nationally. The Executive Vice President (EVP) will contribute strategically and operationally.
The EVP will work cohesively with the division leaders and the executive management team to implement a cohesive national strategy. Contributing to the goal of increasing profitability and future opportunities, be part of the digital footprint communications strategy and roll out of delivery plans. Continue to develop the strategy with the executive team, to build new revenue streams maximizing the division’s business and patient care and engagement programs.
The incumbent will ensure best business practices of medically managed clinics in the medical marijuana space. The Regional VP’s will report to the EVP. The EVP will be responsible for leading research and development, due diligence, operational and capital expenditures budgeting, and full P & L, together with the acting President. The EVP will enhance, develop, implement and maintain operations of the division.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluate potential alliance partnerships, acquisitions and/or mergers and investment opportunities;
- Review, analyze and enhance the division's resources, employees, and services along with all operations for each existing and newly planned clinic.
- Ensure that internal processes and policies are aligned, patient care and quality of process to engage new patients is aligned, digital and traditional patient acquisition programs are developed, aligned and implemented;
- Together with the executive team, develop and implement a go forward business strategy and patient acquisition, engagement and retention strategy;
- Along with the Regional VP’s and the acting President, the EVP will ensure that due diligence is completed for each new initiative; will lead strategy, research and go forward plans; ensure with executive leaders that the digital footprint and brand cohesive voice and messaging are aligned with corporate and the division; continue to ensure that all government requirements are adhered to;
- Accountable for the quality of clinic performance programs; develop new programs and improvement plans; manage P & L to ensure viability; implement changes when required;
- Collaborate with Regional VP’s to ensure that there are cohesive and consistent evidence-based practice standards that advance patient care and related processes; responsible for preparation of the annual operating plan; responsible for capital and operational budgets; align business with cohesive policies and procedures to integrate with corporate and all divisions;
- Prepare reports for the acting President, and executive team, along with the Board of Directors and internal or external stakeholders, as required.
- Evaluate communication mechanisms for clinics, privacy policies, patient care, decision making, and issue resolution;
- Establish and/or enhance together with Regional VP’s and HR, a best practices clinic handbook for patients and upgrade or revise for clinic operations; maintains effective communication engagement with staff relative to policies, procedures as well as other departmental, corporate and regional activities; Work with corporate HR to provide and implement employee goal align program consistent across all divisions; review hiring, orientation, training, employee policies and procedures to align in this division;
- The EVP will oversee the recruitment, hiring, and performance management process for management and staff for the division to ensure consistency;
- Manage compliance of employee policies and align with corporate core values;
- Develop and manage best practices to ensure long-term divisional and corporate goals are achieved;
- Oversee to ensure consistency across the patient care programs, patient assessments, medical consultation process; oversee and ensure that government controls are adhered to; ensure consistency in public medical content and information on the website; ensure that collateral is consistent and aligned with the corporate brand cohesive message;
- Ensure that there is a collaborative program nationally to ensure compliance with government and Health Canada laws, rules and regulations;
- Together with the acting President, represent the organization at speaking events, business functions and corporate events as leader of when required;
- Together with the team, establish go forward plans for communication of patient care engagement, tracking and retention programs along with the integration of communication mechanisms;
- Cohesively with the executive team, develop and implement a plan to integrate the CRM solution as a secure method for patient information, data tracking and storage, patient communication, engagement, retention, and follow-up;
- Work with the executive team and HR leader to implement the decision making flow, issue resolution policies and management of clinic operations and services;
- Together with the acting President and the CFO, ensure appropriate financial controls are in place to meet statutory compliance and data integrity; implement KPI’s for the division; together with the CFO, lead the divisions budgeting, and forecasting of the annual budgeting process;
- Manage compliance with policies and align with corporate core values;
- Approve and manage third-party relationship providers, alliance partners, vendors and suppliers to ensure consistency across the business and operations nationally.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Science, MBA or a similar advanced education and accreditation; (M.D., Ph.D. or advanced professional education is an asset);
- Eligible for membership to the appropriate professional associations;
- An advanced understanding of clinic best practices, healthcare, medical best practices, patient care, medical technology, government regulations and patient care license process, is an asset;
- An understanding of underlying metrics that make a profitable operation; adept at interpreting balance sheets, capital and operational budgets, P&L, and cash flow;
- Strong financial acumen together with an operations management background; has a strong track record developing profitable strategies and implementing the vision; successful track record as a business leader from start-up to success mode; Experience in developing and managing budgets along with financial reporting. (public company experience is required and would be ideal);
- Experience and understanding of evidence-based practice, regulations, and scope of practice documents that guide legislative acts governing health care;
- Expert level skills in management of staff, engagement and relationship building;
- Superior software skills, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong track record as a respected professional with at least 5 years of medical company experience; clinic management experience is an asset;
- Keys: critical thinker, integrity, strong analysis and research skills, can conceptualize and apply relevant knowledge;
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
This is a great role for a business-driven executive leader with a progressive track record. If you have experience in the medical marijuana space, general patient care B2C medical space and/or healthcare space, retail or CPG background, from start-up to the success story career path, please reach out. Needless to say, the medical marijuana industry is in hyper-growth mode. If you have passion, energy, an entrepreneurial driven personality and strong business management experience, we would like to discuss this opportunity with you.
For further details and engagement, kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
Wendy Shully & Associates Inc. and our client would like to thank all interested candidates in advance. Qualified candidates will be contacted.