FACILITIES MANAGER/ MANAGER SPECIAL PROJECTS
Construction | Civil
July 12, 2018
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
Our client is one of the major vehicle rental companies. In business for over 75 years, they have over a hundred offices and facilities across Canada.
They are currently looking for an intermediate level Facilities Manager to assume responsibility for the maintenance, repair and construction of their facilities from coast to coast. Based in an Etobicoke office, the successful applicant will be expected to travel frequently around Canada to get the job done.
The successful candidate will:
Oversee for the Canada Region, all maintenance and construction projects for all branches and region offices across Canada.
- Select and manage vendors, review and negotiate bids for vendor services (e.g. construction, janitorial, landscape, HVAC, etc.). Ensure vendor services are performed timely and properly. Review vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Respond to calls from the field operations team regarding repair and maintenance issues including troubleshooting a wide range of challenges from vehicle cleaning equipment breakdowns to plumbing and roofing via Verisae or directly with the branches. Assist operations with warranty issues.
- Approve Capital Appropriations within guideline limits; prepare written communications with various contractors, vendors, and corporate departments on maintenance and capital construction issues.
- Review, analyze, evaluate, and prepare reports on maintenance and capital costs measuring budget and time line compliance.
- Maintain the Verisae system, select and qualify venders and establish venders in the system, respond to emergency maintenance requests. Troubleshoot issues to determine cause and solution through Verisae or directly with branches. Ensure adherence to capital budgets.
EXPERIENCE: In order to be COMPETITIVE for this position, you will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in building maintenance/facilities management, including working with outside vendors and contractors
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Proficiency with Verisae or similar facilities management software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must be able and willing to travel frequently to USA
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is preferred.
Extensive travel throughout Canada with some to the US.
Reg Shortt, P.Eng, CPC, Partner
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume along with your answers to the questions listed below to: email@example.com
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Reg Shortt: http://stoakley.com/meet-reg-shortt/
- How many years’ experience do you have in Facility Management or Building Maintenance positions?
- For how many facilities have you been responsible at one time?
- How many years’ experience do you have with Verisae Facilities Management software?
- If not Verisae, with what Facilities Management software are you familiar?
- Are your travel documents up to date?
- What are your base salary and commission expectations?
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
• Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
• Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
• Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
• Website: www.stoakley.com
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
• Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
• Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart