HSSE Field Coordinator
March 2, 2018
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
One of Eastern Canada’s largest family owned firms, this employer is comprised of a number of transportation companies that allow them to move cargo across North America by sea, truck and rail. Their trucking companies cover North America, offering services for the shipment of general goods and specialized cargos.
They have an exciting opening for an HSSE Field Coordinator in Montreal or the surrounding area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring, in collaboration with Operations, that all RST/STL team members are operating within the appropriate legislated guidelines. The HSSE will promote the highest safety standards throughout the organization.
- Supports health and safety activities and reviews and communicates HSSE related KPI's for all locations within a designated region to management in order to target areas of improvement.
- Provides support and education for all team members in their region regarding their HSSE responsibilities, ensures understanding and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provides subject matter expertise on the development and delivery of HSSE related training / education.
- Strong focus on in cab evaluations, safe work observation and driver education. Provide on the job training to all drivers in product handling and proper equipment use.
- In collaboration with Recruiting and Operations, Coordination and facilitation of New Worker Orientation program for all new hires.
- Coordination and facilitation of HSSE and Customer Required (i.e. CFA) training programs
- Supports hazard Identification, accident prevention and accident investigation. Works in collaboration with all departments on development of Tap Root analysis, solution development and implementation of best practices to support HSSE activities.
- Audit records, facilities and equipment to ensure compliance; supports correction of non-compliance
- Performance of road tests as needed
- Development of clear recommendations and support of ongoing safety initiatives for the fleet.
- Coordination and development of RST Site Plot Plans (Hazard identification) and site safety visits.
- Conduct periodic observations of driver behavior (RST) and compliance.
- Coordinate and deliver safety meetings for all drivers within the assigned region.
- Support “On Call” responsibilities for Emergency Response and Accidents on a rotating basis.
- Supports the efforts of local Occupational Health & Safety Committees
- Provides consulting, guidance, and mentoring in support of the safety activities of the organization
- Support HSSE initiatives such as Drug Testing administration.
- Experience in the tank truck industry is crucial.
EXPERIENCE: In order to be COMPETITIVE for this position:
- Light Petroleum experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must enjoy a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
Competitive and comprehensive compensation plan. Company vehicle to be provided
Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience.
Full time, Permanent
Occasional travel may be required
Don Duff, Senior Recruitment Consultant
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: email@example.comHelp
Analyst, LEAN, Process Improvement, Process Control, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Project
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
• Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
• Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
• Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
YOU CAN ALSO VISIT US AT AND FOLLOW US ON:
• Website: www.stoakley.com
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
• Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
• Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart