Facilities Manager for Private Tennis Club – Hands on position. Ability to do various hands-on jobs such as plumbing, dry-wall, wiring, etc is required.
The Toronto Lawn Tennis Club is a comfortable friendly haven in the middle of the city offering its members the best and most respected tennis facilities in the country.
- Trades license in construction or related field, OR equivalent combination of education, training and experience in facilities maintenance, project/construction management, or operations management.
- Certifications: licensed trade or professional designation preferred; Electrician or Plumbing license, Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Refrigeration Class B certification considered an asset.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits program
- RRSP with company match
- Performance based bonus
- Staff meals
- Able to perform various hands-on jobs such as plumbing, dry-wall, etc.
- To ensure that all of the Club’s facilities including, the Courts, are operating in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- To manage and oversee the general Maintenance of the facilities, Locker Room, Night Cleaning, Locker rooms, and Court Maintenance Departments. Hire and train staff in all departments.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the Clubhouse and Club Grounds.
- To maintain a preventative maintenance program that ensures all capital assets are in top condition and the membership receive best value for each dollar spent on capital assets.
- Be a leader in Occupational Health and Safety - follow and enforce the Club’s Health and Safety Procedures, Medical and Emergency Procedures, and the rules outlined in the TLTC Employee Handbook and other Club policies.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Time-management skills.
- Budgeting skills.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Communication skills
- Leadership and management skills.
- Proactive with strong problem solving abilities to ensure the highest level of productivity at all times.
- Proven leadership; assisting employees to achieve departmental goals, providing feedback and training.
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Ability to prepare annual budget for department.
- Must be computer literate with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as Facilities/Maintenance/Project Manager in a similar sized operation.
- Experience with Tennis Courts maintenance considered a strong asset, but will train the right candidate.
- Maintenance experience & familiarity with building upkeep, structural issues, and grounds maintenance.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations including; Working at Heights; WSIB requirements; duties and responsibilities of Joint Health and Safety Committee; WHIMIS.
- Working knowledge of service level agreements and Canadian construction documents standards.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations to be considered for this position.