Field Service Technician-Canada
Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes. Working with us means helicopters remain balanced in the sky, food products are free of contaminants, and substances are measured to the highest accuracy requirements for use across the largest pharmaceutical firms and laboratories.
We have one of the largest global service and sales organizations among precision instrumentation companies, and we need to add to this team immediately in Kamloops, BC. We are currently hiring a Field Service Technician. In this role, you will perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing Mettler Toledo equipment at customer locations throughout the Kamloops territory.
- Global market strength and leadership in our category
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards
- A comprehensive training program and a commitment to premier service on our state-of-the-art equipment
- Worked in field service or have related experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Calibration, preventive maintenance, and repair skills and can keep track of job assignments and a detailed schedule
- The ability to identify the root causes of service issues the first time using your keen knowledge of the products and your comfort with hand tools and calibration equipment
- Excellent customer service skills, detail orientation, and great verbal and written communication skills
- The discipline to update service records on time and ensure data integrity
- The desire and ability to promote and sell services and products, generating sales leads
- An Associate's degree within a scientific or technical area of study or equivalent professional experience or a combination of both
- A valid driver's license and a safe driving history
Can You Picture Yourself?
- Traveling overnight 50% of the time
- Working evenings and weekends occasionally
- Lifting and carrying 50+ pounds occasionally
- Standing and squatting for long periods of time
- Working out of your home at or near Kamloops, BC
As a Plus, Do You Have?
- Customer service or sales experience
We Give You:
- A company car with paid insurance for your work and personal use
- All tools and equipment needed to perform the job and a clothing allowance
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire
- Gym discount program, tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program
- And, all the usual such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits