- Serco Canada Inc. is recruiting for a Financial Analyst to join and lead the Finance team in Goose Bay, NL.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all financial reporting and tax regulations, and Serco internal control procedures and policies.
- Compiles and analyzes contract and project level financial information on a timely basis.
- Develops integrated revenue and expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Responsible for the financial planning process, including preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Prepares monthly variance analysis and monitors financial performance against budget and forecast.
- Responsible for cost accounting charging structure and maintenance.
- Support time keeping systems and time reporting.
- Track and monitor contract and project funding.
- Review contract billing documents and ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Monitor open accounts receivable, proactively manages slow payments, and resolve issues preventing timely payment of invoices.
- Ensure all accounting requirements and deliverables are accurate and on time.
- Liaise with the corporate head office on accounting, finance or payroll issues.
- Support internal audit actives and initiatives.
- Assist management with development and documentation of pricing estimates.
- Ensure fixed assets are properly accounted for and tracked.
- Assist management on all financial issues.
- Supervise department staff.
- Visibly demonstrate Serco Values and work practices
- A minimum of five years post university work experience in an accounting/finance department is required
- A completed university degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required.
- Enrolment or eligibility for enrolment with any of Canada professional accounting bodies, CMA, CGA or CA is required.
Successful candidate may be required to complete a certification within a time frame to be agreed with the company.
- Computer efficiencies in Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software are required. Strong Excel skills are a must.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software a plus.
- Prior Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Level II security clearance is required.
- Ability to evaluate risk and related mitigation strategies.
- Contractual understanding of commercial and labour agreements.