VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject:Financial Analyst – IntermediateJOB:8559Attention: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-366.2600 Ext. 232
Position No.: 8559
Title: Financial Analyst- Intermediate
Type: 6 Months Contract
No. of Positions: 3
Location: Toronto, ON.
The main functions of a financial analyst are to gather and analyze financial information; will typically conduct quantitative analyses of information affecting investment programs of public or private institutions. A typical financial analyst is responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information for clients.
- Compiles and analyze financial reports and identifies discrepancies that require senior management’s attention
- Prepares financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to implement more effective operational strategies
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecast of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Interpret data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability and future trends in investment risks.
- Synthesize large amounts of data and provide insightful commentary
- Identify and explain variances; Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Compares current performance to pre-identified goals and previous years
- Analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses
Must Have Technical Skills:
- Minimum Three – Five years of experience in reporting - Management reporting is ideal. Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CMA/CPA Certified or working towards it
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Power Point skills; must be able to complete complex formulas
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, the financial markets, and reporting of financial data
- Positive, upbeat, innovative
- Looking for continuous improvement – always looking to do better
- Analytical with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, hard working
- Able to work independently, manage time and prioritize
Nice to have:
- Essbase experience
- Tableau experience
- Banking experience
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com . VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Monterrey