Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International. At Magna we believe our people are our greatest asset. They imagine what's next, determine what's needed, and do what it takes to make it possible. We invite partners, customers and consumers to become part of the process. Together, anything is possible. Modatek is located in Milton, Ontario - just south of the 401.
The Financial Cost Analyst will be responsible for all inventory valuation, coordinating and reconciling inventory counts, month end inventory settlement, preparing account analysis, foreign exchange and other exposures analysis, business plan, forecast and reforecast support, overhead and labour rate maintenance, reconciliations and reports
What you will focus on:
* Develops and maintains standard material, and aids in preparation of labour and overhead rates for inventory
* Ensures thorough analysis that SAP system properly accounts for costs and revenues including cost center and profit center assignments
* Creates and maintains in SAP the costing and accounting views for production materials, product cost collectors, and standard costing for inventory
* Performs and analyzes period end cost accounting close in SAP
* Reconciles inventory and other accounts
* Prepares routine and special financial analysis using data from SAP and other sources
* Supports the preparation of the annual business plan and other forecasts/estimates.
* Prepares journal entries for account balances based on supporting analysis
* Performs analysis of tooling costs and revenues with engineering and proposes entries to recognize costs and related revenues utilizing percentage of completion and completed contract accounting
* Helps in preparation of quarterly currency exposures
* Supports creation of the annual year end working papers for the inventory, revenue and expense sections.
* Verify shipments are processed and invoiced properly on a weekly basis
* Performs analysis of standard cost changes to unsure parts are costed correctly
What we are looking for:
* Actively pursuing CGA, CMA or CA designation
* Minimum community college diploma in accounting or business
* Minimum three (3) years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment with minimum one (1) year cost accounting experience.
* Ability to problem solve
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
* Experience using SAP or a similar ERP system
* Strong time management, organizational, research and interpersonal skills
* Strong attention to accuracy and detail
* Good understanding of Canadian GAAP
* Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and work well under time constraints
* Ability to uphold confidentiality
* Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs