In your role as the Financial Services Compliance Clerk, at The North West Company (NWC), you will be accountable for providing day to day support to the Compliance Team and ensure all regulatory compliance obligations are met.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Assist in performing AML data analysis and provide the first level review of potentially unusual transactions;
- Assist in analyzing alerts generated by the in-house built transaction monitoring reports and identify potentially unusual/reportable transactions. Escalate all incidents of unusual transactions;
- Support ongoing new training and development initiatives;
- Assist in development and delivery of compliance training for WFS and stores;
- Providing support in conducting compliance reviews/monitoring; escalate all suspicious transactions;
- Assist with investigations and resolutions of such transactions;
- Provide information as requested by card sponsor issuer or regulatory body;
- Conduct reporting in a timely manner and maintain complete records of compliance monitoring activities; and
- Support the Compliance Officer in the monitoring and oversight of the prepaid card program.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- University degree is considered an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel;
- Able to manage multiple priorities in order to meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data;
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy with reporting, and record keeping;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team; and
- Initiative and desire to learn new systems.
Location: Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports To: Senior Compliance & Financial Analyst
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.