With over 50 years’ experience in selling and servicing processing and packaging equipment to the meat and food industries, Robert Reiser & Co., Inc. / Reiser (Canada) Co., is recognized worldwide for its high-quality equipment and outstanding service and support. We take great pride in supplying our customers with the best possible products and service. We continue to enjoy steady growth and wish to continue expanding our Dynamic service team. Reiser is currently seeking experienced Service Technicians to join our team of professionals
Field Service Technician (Regional Service) - Edmonton, AB
A Customer Service Technician with Reiser has the responsibility first and foremost of ensuring that our Customers and their equipment are being taken care of. In this position you can expect up to 60% travel away from home (domestic and possibly some international). The Field Service Technician provides both on-site and technical phone support. You will test, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug electro-mechanical equipment and computer systems. You must have strong communication skills to work closely with the customer and their technicians.
Reiser offers a competitive salary, benefits, and car allowance. Compensation will commensurate with previous applicable experience. We offer an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, profit sharing and a generous vacation policy. Machinery and product specific training supplied.
- Assure that the Reiser experience will match the Reiser Vision and Mission Statement of superior service, performance and quality.
- Communicate with your service manager on a daily basis and give updates on current job status and receive additional job assignments.
- Complete work assignments with minimum supervision.
- Retrieve and respond to messages daily on all communication tools.
- Conduct training for customers on the safe operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Quote parts and follow up with the customer.
- Properly maintain personal documentation, tools and test equipment.
- Provide daily updates to the customer to ensure they are comfortable with the work being done.
- Provide on-call support coverage via on call rotation schedule as needed.
- Reiser expects all employees to conduct themselves in a civil, courteous, and professional manner at all times.
- Flexible and willing to work outside normal business hours as job dictates.
- Comply with OH&S regulations and company policy.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Excellent organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to read and interpret drawings, blueprints and schematics
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware and expertise.
- Troubleshoot PLCs and automated equipment .
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair high-speed industrial processing and packaging equipment.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and operational aspects of machines.
- Solid understanding of lubrication, preventive and predictive maintenance, alignment and modern maintenance methods.
- Demonstrate Good Manufacturing Practices, Health and Safety, Food Safety and Environmental standards at all times
- Proficient knowledge of MS-Windows operating system and MS Office suite.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately in a shared community environment.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with minimal direction.
- Deliver excellent customer service skills with an ability to listen and analyze customer needs.
- Ability to interact with end users, suppliers, and other Reiser departments.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time
- Possess an A.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering Technology with specific demonstrable experience and knowledge with pneumatics, hydraulics, and motor control circuitry. The Technical Degree / Diploma can be substituted for equivalent experience.
- Trade specification as a millwright and/or electrician as well as experience in one or both of these trades.
- 2-3 years’ experience in performing maintenance and repair in an industrial setting.
- Strong electrical, mechanical, analytical and problem solving skills
Only those with experience need apply. You may e-mail, fax or mail your resume to:
Reiser (Canada) Co.
1549 Yorkton Court, Unit #4
Burlington, ON L7P-5B7