Position: Food Service Supervisor
Department: Food Services
Status:Permanent Part-time (must provide availability of up to 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Sunday, various 8 hour rotating shifts; 6:00am - 2:00pm, 9:00am - 5:00pm, 12:15pm - 8:15pm (subject to change based on operational requirements)
This is what you'll be doing:
Successful candidate is a member of the Clinical Nutrition and Food Services Management Team, working with the Director, and Manager to ensurethe smooth operation of the Department. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for providing direct supervision of all staff in Patient Food Services and will provide leadership in the development of a superior customer service culture in Food Services. The successful incumbent will supervise the daily operations of the Food Services Department, including meal service to patients,sanitation, warewashing and security. You will ensure that all work practices are in keeping with Hospital, Departmental,and legislated standards (e.g. HACCP, Public Health, Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act, Workplace Safety and OH&S Act).
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Successful completion of a Food Service Supervisor diploma required
- Canadian Society for Nutrition Management Membership required
- Serve Safe Certified- Advanced required
- A minimum of 3years experience working as a Food ServicesSupervisorrequired
- Previous Computrition Experience Required
- Previous experience working as a Food Services Supervisor in a hospital setting preferred
- Working knowledge of WHMIS and HACCP required
- Action oriented approach to problem solving and trouble shooting
- Experience in large scale food production and service required
- Excellent time management skills and proven initiative
- Must beself-directed with excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to effectively supervise staff
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in the use of a computerfor data entry
- Experience usingFood Service computer systems
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted:September 17, 2020
Application Deadline for Employees:September 24, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.