Ready for an adventure?
We are looking for Dynamic customer service professionals to join our seasonal hospitality team!
The Front Desk Agent represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Register guests and assigns rooms.
- Accommodate special requests whenever possible.
- Assist in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Perform end of day accounting tasks
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's, currency exchange,
- Follows procedures for issuing and closing safe deposit boxes used by guests.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Additional duties as required
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Full-time, paid work. This will typically be provincial minimum wage plus any gratuities and overtime
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- This position will last for 6 months.
- you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
- Over the course of your placement, staff accommodations will be arranged for you!
- The program works in groups employees, so if you have friends you would like to live and travel with, make sure you apply together!
- Customer service or hospitality experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- Must have a full/Unrestricted Drivers License
- Must be 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.
- Provide a clear police record.
- A sense of adventure!