Full Stack Developer
Engineering | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Do you want to be a part of something disruptive and change an entire industry? Do you want to be a part of a best-in-class culture? Do you want to be in the first wave of individuals to help shape the growth of a company?
We are looking to turn the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) industry on it’s head. By 2021, many project the SaaS PLM industry to be worth over $40 Billion USD, and we are driven to make our mark!
We have the product, we have the vision, and we have the plan…now we need a great team to execute!
To do this we need the help of experienced full stack developers who are dedicated, versatile, methodical and able to do this without a lot of direction. You’ll work with other talented team members to build our enterprise and cloud service that allows our customers to build their products at a global scale.
We are a well-fundedstart-up with a fun work culture that thrives on working with other smart and motivated people.
Full Stack Developer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect new features and get feedback from the team while documenting this so that others can understand
- Plan and break down large features into itemized tasks working with the management team to schedule them
- Develop features along the full stack (backend, database schema, front end, deployment) in an iterative fashion with our scrum based process.
- Write unit and integration tests for new and old features
- Design and develop load tests for the system
- Identify problems in the product and ways it can be improved
- Help other team members through mentoring, code reviews, and design reviews
- Work with DevOps and other staff to get changes into production in a way that can be easily managed
- Debug application issues in all environments including production
Full Stack Developer Qualification & Skills:
- UNIX command line experience
- All aspects of web applications including REST APIs, database models, user front ends
- Unit testing and a commitment to quality
- Initiative to work autonomously
- Proper development workflow including code reviews, automated builds, bug tracking
- Experience debugging full stack systems including performance issues
- Designing features and helping to plan the tasks to build it
Ideally you would also have experience with:
- Go, NodeJS, Java OR the desire to learn these quickly
- GWT, AngularJS OR the desire to learn these quickly
- Server management experience (DevOps or IT Admin)
- Other database experience is an asset: Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Cloud stack experience (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Writing documentation for APIs
- Database query optimization and profiling
- Setting up all aspects of a development environment including build server, code style, listing, etc
If you are excited about anything you just read, we’d love for you to be a part of the team!