Calgary Co-op's businesses include a wide variety of departments ranging from Food, Petroleum, Wine Spirits and Beer, Pharmacy, and Home Health Care. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities for all ages in several locations in and around the Calgary, Airdrie, Strathmore, Cochrane, and High River areas. So, wherever you live and whatever your skills, we'd love to have you join our co-operative team, and become part of a company whose roots run deep into the heart of the communities we serve.
We're currently seeking a Cashier to join our Gas Bar team! This position reports directly to the Gas Bar Supervisors, and some of the main responsibilities include;
- Ensuring customer service is provided through maintaining a safe and efficient operation while adhering to company policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs all aspects of stocking and display functions in an efficient and organized manner. Ensures display presentation and proper stock levels in the C store are maintained.
- Handles merchandise ensuring quality, minimizing damages, markdowns and ensures price integrity including price changes.
- Performs general cleanup duties such as cleaning spills and display fixtures to ensure a neat and organized department. Responsible for keeping the sales floor, back stock area and pump islands clean of cardboard and debris, as well as dispose of garbage.
What skills and abilities will you need to be considered?
- Grade 9 or acceptable combination of education and experience
- Must be fluent in English (CLBA-Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment score of 5 or higher)
What skills and abilities will set you apart from others?
- Previous cash handling, banking or related experience
- Basic Word, Excel and Outlook
Benefits & Perks
Calgary Co-op has excellent opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility, personal growth and challenge. We offer competitive wages, paid vacations, employee discounts, a recognition program, social committee events, employee and family assistance plan, and a scholarship program. As well as numerous training and development programs.
We believe that if we take care of our team members, our team members will take care of our business.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Click Here To Apply
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Merchandise Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development