First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, Para transit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Join the First Transit team as a General Manager, Trip Delivery. First Transit General Managers are committed to safety, customer service and have hands experience in all areas of the transportation business.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefit package, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental,
- A great work environment
Plans, directs, and manages all activities related to HandyDART trip delivery to ensure that service leaves and returns to the gate on time and that drivers continue to deliver excellent service. Includes full responsibility for safe and effective operations and vehicle maintenance.
· Directly Supervises all staff and oversees all HR/personnel actions for trip delivery including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, suspension, termination, etc
· Responsible for the safe, effective and customer service oriented delivery of HandyDART service throughout TransLink service area
· Ensures compliance with all contractual requirements (including Key Performance Indicators). Monitors trip delivery statistics (on-time performance etc.) to adjust operations and staffing coverage as needed to maintain optimal performance within budget
· A key member of the senior leadership team
· Prepares and delivers monthly client invoice, ensures collection of monthly invoices
· Prepares annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts, reviews Profit & Loss statements, reviews and approves all contract expenditures, prepares monthly invoices
· Develops and implements system policies, procedures, training, incentive programs to govern staff performance. Ensures compliance with all legal requirements
Minimum Education/ Certifications:
· Over Seven (7) years of experience in custom or paratransit public transit operations with three (3) years having been in a general management capacity or any equivalent combination of educations and experience
· Bachelor of Arts Degree in Public Administration, Business, Transportation, or a related field (Preferred) or trade certificate
· Conventional, Custom or Paratransit specific knowledge and experience with large workforce
· Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of management and supervision
· Thorough knowledge of transit operations and administrative functions
· Thorough knowledge of maintenance practices (vehicles and drivers)
· Thorough knowledge of occupational safety standards and procedures
· Capability to plan, organize, and direct trip delivery activities and to train personnel
· Ability to analyze data and write clear, concise report
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority .