Graham is a growing, dynamic and innovative construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You’ll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We rank among Canada’s largest construction companies, are a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you’re eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
As a member of our Infrastructure group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various infrastructure projects, such as: roadways, highways and interchanges; bridges and overpasses; water and wastewater treatment facilities; transmission lines; general/public transportation including airports, seaports and light rail transit lines (LRTs); and conventional and alternative power generation like wind farms and district energy facilities. You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Design-Build, P3 (Public-Private Partnership), Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
The successful applicant will be a key player in Graham’s Senior Infrastructure Water Division. The person should be comfortable with large infrastructure projects 500 Million plus including water and waste water, transportation, renewable energy and municipal. The person should have significant experience working for a major contractor. This role is responsible for achieving the expected business plan and financial results for the division and business unit (market share, profitability, client and employee development, quality, etc.)
As General Manager, Water at Graham you will:
· Provide overall direction, leadership and management of the operations for the Infrastructure water sector, implementing plans and policies to achieve overall corporate objectives
· Provide overall operational and financial direction and guidance for the sector, and supports Graham’s regional infrastructure business
· Contributes to the Company’s overall strategic planning and management
· Implements the corporate strategic plan
· Recommends plans and budgets to management
· Oversees the execution of the business and financial plans
· Builds and manages team for sector
· Lead in development, review, and approval of divisional marketing and business development programs
· Maintain an effective and continuous Business Development program that contributes to Company growth objectives
· Contribute positively to the Company’s profile in the business community through active participation in business/trade associations and the community at large
· 10+ years of progressive experience in a Senior Manager role, responsible for large water/waste water projects at least 500 million dollars in value
· Must have experience working in a medium to large General Contractor environment
· Successful completion of a Civil Engineering degree. Completion of a MBA would be an asset
· Experience leading and executing water, waste water, renewable energy and transportation projects
· A solid track record in managing large infrastructure water projects
· Experience in leading and growing an infrastructure organization with a focus on water/waste water projects
· Excellent communication skills, the ability to build respect at the job level, possess executive presence with strong relationship building and business development skills
· The ability to build a talent base to allow for and sustain future growth. A proven track record of previous succession planning skills
· Strong management skills, with an in-depth knowledge of restructuring and change management
· Advanced understanding of large project operational and financial risk management practices
· Strong leadership ability with highest ethical standards
· Microsoft Office experience (Project, Word, Excel)
This position will be located in our Calgary Infrastructure office
10909 - 27th Street S.E. Calgary, AB, T2Z 3V9
Compensation and Benefits:
· Must have legal authorization to work in Canada for anyone other than the current employer
· This is a full-time, permanent role
· Competitive salary ($210,000.00 to $250,000.00) with a potential of an annual bonus, and potential of annual merit increase
· Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan
· Annual paid vacation
· Possibility of relocation assistance
· Possibility of company truck or vehicle allowance provided
· Ownership and long term equity opportunities
What we can offer you:
· Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
· Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
· Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at http://careers.grahambuilds.com/.
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6