A premium Law Firm based in Coquitlam is seeking a HR Manager on a part-time basis for a 12 month contract
Your new company
This premium Law Firm in Coquitlam has been serving injured people for more than 35 years. Today, they run a thriving plaintiff's personal injury practice, built on a team-based model and a collaborative organisational culture designed to get results.
Your new role
As a Human Resources Manager you will spend most of your time:
- Full cycle recruitment and onboarding
- Developing and implementing training programs
- Maintaining compensation and benefits packages
- Overseeing payroll
- Conducting annual and periodic performance reviews and check-ins
- Developing and updating performance review criteria
- Ensuring effective and efficient workflows and workloads
- Supervising the Health & Safety program
- Managing employee relations
- Administrative assistance as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant degree or certificate AND a minimum of 2-3 years of related professional experience in the area of human resources
- Strong problem solving skills, combined with well-developed critical thinking
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and present ideas clearly
- Experience preparing budgets, allocation of resources and payroll
- Experience using technology suites such as Microsoft
- A strong employee-focused, team-player mindset
- Ability to develop and maintain positive work-relationships
- Experience in a law firm setting would be an asset
The successful candidate will also be comfortable supporting the Firm's leadership in decision-making, by rapidly developing decision frameworks, providing options analyses, and recommending a course of action.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.