Health and Safety Coordinator for Multi Trade Contractor Toronto, $60K.
Your new company
Our client is a fast growing Multi Trade Contractor with extensive construction projects through the GTA. They have new opening for a Health and Safety Coordinator. The HSE Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and updating procedures and written plans, safety and environmental training, orientation training, and the completion of specific government reports.
Your new role
This is new role with the company and provides the opportunity for a coordinator to build a Health and Safety division. The Responsibilities for the role include the following.
- Coordinate the collection of EHS performance metrics and prepare reports as required.
- Coordinate EHS prequalification packages for the various project groups.
- Maintaining online prequalification process including ISNetworld, Complyworks, Contractor Check and Browz.
- Fielding EHS related inquiries from operational groups.
- Manage the incident reporting database to work with the regional EHS teams to close out incidents.
- Supports operation groups' management of subcontractors.
- Supports the EHS orientation training process and other required specific training.
- Participates in presentations as required.
- Prepares various EHS communications to support the EHS Program.
- Maintain the EHS website in conjunction with corporate communications and the EHS team.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of EHS internal training.
- Assist in the development of EHS Project Plans with Operational Groups.
- Assist in developing, maintaining or updating EHS programs.
- Involved in the Management of work related injury claims, including filing claims and conduction claim management.
- Participates in the development and implementation of EHS corporate initiatives as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualifications for the role are as follows.
- Post-Secondary Health and Safety Education and one to three years of HSE related experience.
- Knowledge of EHS Management Systems such as OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, COR certification programs.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing applicable regional regulations and requirements.
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets, electronic presentations and databases.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills including public speaking.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
What you'll get in return
Base Salary $50 000 to $60 000 plus benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.