Our client, a top 5 Canadian bank, is seeking a Help Desk Specialist.
The primary function of a Help Desk Specialist is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer and technical processing problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
Work Location: Downtown Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
• Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity
• Review user inputs and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
• Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken
• Review technical processes, confer with users or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
• 0-2 years of work experience within a call centre environment
• Associate's degree in a computer-related field (or equivalent training/work experience)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time
• Microsoft Excel experience