Hiring Cooks (specializing in Middle Eastern Cuisine)
1 vacancy Available!
Dr. Laffa restaurant specializes in Middle Eastern Cuisine and uses only high quality ingredients to create and deliver a unique and memorable dining experience. Our restaurant has an option on the Go and the taste is above ordinary! Our proud family tradition of baking Laffas continues to this day and is the centerpiece of a flavourful menu that includes Chicken Schnitzel, Kebab, Lamb Chops, Tabouli Salad, Hummus Msabbaha, Falafel Plate, Baba Ganoush, and Kosher dishes and our famous Moroccan Fish as an alternative to meat.
At this time, our restaurant is looking to hire 1 experienced Cook specializing in Middle Eastern Cuisine to join our kitchen team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Duties of position include:
· Planning menu in accordance with consumer tastes as well as raw ingredient prices,
· Overlooking and directing general food preparation in the kitchen,
· Estimating food requirements and maintaining food inventory for upcoming week (ensure deliveries are completed to satisfaction),
· Ensuring the kitchen is fully prepared for service (e.g. cutting ingredients, preparing sauces, marinating, etc.)
· Designing and preparing authentic full-course Middle Eastern dishes using superior culinary expertise,
· Instructing and leading cooks and kitchen helpers in garnishing and presenting dishes,
· Training cooks on new cooking techniques specific to certain dishes (e.g. searing, breading, whisking, etc.) and ensuring all culinary basics are followed,
· Maintaining safe, secure and healthy work environment by enforcing and following standards and procedures,
· Estimating food requirements as well as food and labour costs,
· Determining size of portions to ensure consistency on dining tables,
· Discussing/advising guests in regards to their special occasion banquet menu (Sunday wedding, birthday parties, anniversaries)
Pay for this position is $15.50 per hour. Regular work week will consist of minimum 35 hours of work per week and can occasionally go up to 45 hours per week during peak season or with special events (applicable overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week). Be ready to work shifts consisting of mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Requirements of position:
· At least 1 year of experience as a Cook specializing in Middle Eastern Cuisine is a must,
· Must be able to speak English fluently to communicate with other staff members,
· Completion of secondary school is a must,
· Culinary/Cooking trade certification/diplomas with specialization in middle eastern cuisines are assets,
· Safe Food handling certificates, WHMIS and CPR certifications are assets,
· Must be able to demonstrate culinary abilities upon first interview, if requested.
To see the restaurant atmosphere, please visit: http://www.drlaffa.com/
Dr. Laffa is located at 441 Clark Ave W, Vaughan, Ontario L4J 6W7, Canada
How to apply: Please apply with your resume by email: email@example.comHelp or mail your resumes to our business location address (as above). Candidates suitable for position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact the employer directly.
Thank you for your interest in this position.