Canada Computers & Electronics is a retailer of personal computers, IT and components, and consumer electronics. We strive to provide customers with the best products at the best value that the computer retail world can offer. The key to our success resides in the constant improvement of business practices, as well as a knowledgeable and passionate team of people who go beyond expectations while maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We offer competitive wages and benefits with lots of opportunities for advancement!
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Manager at our Head Office in Richmond Hill.
Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for employee relations, performance management, facilitation, special projects, and best practice improvements.
You will advise and support the District Managers and Store Management on all matters related to employee and labor relations and other human resources functions.
Some of the key things you’ll be responsible for in this role will include:
- Conduct regular store visits to address store morale and to ensure that we have consistently high levels of Management/Employee communications and a positive and engaging work environment.
- Manage the execution of workforce/ succession/ talent development plans in order to create a talent pipeline that supports company growth and operational requirements.
- Participate in the development, delivery and follow up of training programs for Store Management.
- Approve/coordinate transfers, demotions, promotions, layoffs, leaves of absence, salary approvals, merit increases, seniority list maintenance.
- Partner with the District Managers and Store Management to investigate and resolve employee issues while ensuring consistency in progressive discipline and investigations. Investigate and resolve complaints.
- Provide support in attendance/absenteeism management control.
- Partner with District and Store Managers on compensation/pay administration, and performance management matters.
- Proactively works with store management to ensure that company policy, procedures and, where they exist, collective agreements are administered appropriately.
- Assists with WCIB, LOA and RTW procedures.
- Participate in store openings and closings, conversions, and store meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College/University degree in in related field (HR, Business Admin, etc. preferred).
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of provincial Employment Standards, Human Rights legislation, Workers Compensation and Health and Safety legislation.
- Experience in a people management role is an asset, as is experience in the retail industry.
- Experience conducting grievance meetings and investigations.
- Valid driver's license and driving record within provincial guidelines.
- Significant travel required including occasional overnight stays.
- CHRL/CHRP designation is an asset.
Canada Computers is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.