A Construction company based in Downtown Van is seeking a HR Manager to join there team for a 1 year contract
Your new company
A dynamic organisation with a history of attracting visionary people who embrace challenges and discover innovative solutions to each and every project. We're a global leader in consulting, engineering, project management and operations solutions for the resources and energy sectors.
As a member of our team you'll be encouraged to embrace challenges and discover innovative solutions to each and every project. For that, you'll receive a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to pursue your career path.
When it comes to ingenuity, we have no boundaries. With diverse projects across the globe, you can dare to do things differently, challenge the status quo and discover your true potential.
We know our people are our strength. Our People & Performance (P&P) Teams deliver a range of people practices focussed on high employee engagement and performance. We do everything we can to ensure our people are the best they can be.
Your new role
- Provide senior level technical advice and guidance to management in areas of HR including but not limited to performance management, absenteeism, manpower planning, and terminations.
- Provide employment legislation interpretation to management and advise on proper application.
- Prepare annual salary budgets in conjunction with management, oversee the implementation of all annual and interim salary increases and advise on remuneration issues.
- Advise on other compensation issues such as determining compensation packages for new hires, researching market rates and trends, and evaluating and making recommendations on ad-hoc employee salary reviews.
- Support the implementation of remuneration and benefits strategies to influence attraction and retention rates.
- Directly supervise and coach the Vancouver office People & Performance Generalist team and appropriately direct the flow of activity within the department.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Global Mobility, manage international staff assignments including extending offers, assisting with determining assignment conditions, preparing international work permits and acting as liaison between management and expatriates.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Global Mobility, manage immigration issues including working with our immigration attorney on required work permit documentation and understanding and communicating potential risks to the business.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Global Mobility, work directly with Project Managers and Commercial to establish project assignment conditions and participate in the preparation of international assignment conditions by conducting research and liaising with the global P&P and tax team.
- Collaborate and work together with the companies P&P colleagues in other offices to achieve best business outcomes.
- Enhance business outcomes and enable business improvements through the design and delivery of leading practice people development and human resources activities. For example, successful recruitment and retention strategies, change initiatives and identifying barriers to organisational effectiveness.
- Drive a performance culture through effective performance management practices to ensure the department meets business strategies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 8+ years of progressive Human Resources experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience directing an HR team.
- Sound knowledge of and experience in human resource policies, systems, legislation and procedures in an operational environment.
- Experience working in a professional services environment. An understanding of Consulting Engineering considered an asset.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary HR issues and practices.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Ability to meet the challenge of tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of local labor laws and employment legislation.
- Completion of a degree or diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Completion of or working towards the CPHR designation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.