Position: IT Specialist
Start Date: ASAP
- Installing, supporting, configuring and administering all server systems, networks, telephones, laptops and VOIP.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical operational issues related to IT Infrastructure
- Provide professional and efficient support to network users.
- Maintain IT networking services, implement, support, upgrade, monitor and troubleshoot desktop, laptop and printer hardware and software as required.
- Initiate, manage and successfully complete projects improving the current networking services as necessary, ensuring systems operate according to best practices and meet the business needs
- Assist with Windows Server/Active Directory 2008, Exchange Server 2010, SQL Server 2008 Databases.
- Respond to and document all technical support requests and queries promptly and accurately.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment and security updates.
- Research problems and solutions and provide detailed recommendations.
- Liaising with all IT suppliers, customers, vendors, consultants and service providers
- Maintains constant communication and updates documentation on the internal Wiki
- Proactively monitors network performance, security, and capacity and provide recommendations for improvements
- Participate on project teams as a technical resource
- Maintain awareness of developments in technology and standards, and provide guidance and recommendations regarding communications directions
- Responsible for designing, building and testing different configurations to identify the appropriate solution
- Ongoing projects include; accessing current IT needs, researching Cloud Based Storage
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in IT System Administrator role with IT Support background
- Knowledge of IT management software tools, networking, operating system and server architectures
- Experience with, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 & Dell, HP hardware
- Experience with VMware Systems.
- Experience with MS Office 2003-2007-2010, Visio, Project.
- Knowledge of Active Directory & IP Networks Topology.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrate technical leadership in areas of responsibility
- Able to take ownership and initiative for the IT Systems Support Team
- Able to adapt quickly and follow procedural documentation
- Ability to resolve problems independently or seeks support
- Able to multi-task and manage deadline
- Experience in VMware, Linux, MS SQL, VOIP, BES and Mobile Phone Support are assets
If you qualify for this opportunity, please apply!
Click here to apply and view all current job openings
PlanIT Search is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you in advance for your interest, however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.