VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject:Intermediate Analyst, Accounting – Derivative, Cash and Treasury Products position number: 8486 Attention email@example.comHelp or call: 416-3662600 Ext. 240
Position No.: 8486
Title: Intermediate Analyst, Accounting – Derivative, Cash and Treasury Products
Type: 6 months Contract
No. of Positions: 2
The Analyst, Accounting is responsible for providing professional, timely and efficient accounting and operational support to Derivative, Cash and Treasury products. The role is responsible for complete and accurate management accounting and supplementary reporting for both trading and non‐trading businesses within Treasury. This role requires strong working knowledge for accounting of cash and derivatives, both vanilla and nonstandard transactions. The Analyst, Accounting and Control is responsible for preparing complete and accurate accounting, with the focus on notional and mark‐to‐market balances to support on and off‐balance sheet financial reporting. Reviews and enriches activities being performed by other regions. Manages the month‐end reconciliations processes and required accounting entries. Generates and/or reviews supplementary reporting schedules as well as month‐end accruals posting, GL and DFE reconciliation, and balance sheet reconciliation. Anticipates, investigates and resolves a variety of changing and diverse problems, in order to ensure that daily reporting requirements are met.
· Manage various books with required accounting entries. Prepare and review standard and non‐standard accounting entries and supporting schedules according to accounting/control procedures and hedge effectiveness guidelines.
· Reconcile mark to market balances with various underlying source systems. Investigate and resolve differences between the ledgers and the source systems with P&L groups and source system technical support groups to ensure accurate reporting.
· Meet the deadline of month‐end processes for month‐end accruals posting, spot sand averages.
· Book all month‐end notional (off balance sheet) entries for derivatives products to ensure accurate reporting.
· Prepare commentary and analyses for Finance to explain month over month and quarter over quarter fluctuations.
· Assist initiative teams and senior Product Control staff in the development of new reports, and testing of new systems and or processes to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Ensure mechanical activities being performed by other regions are accurate and enrich them as required
· Meet and/or exceed all documented Service Level Agreements with business partners to ensure Service Excellence is achieved.
· Document, maintain and understand the various organizational controls as they relate to assigned books in order to adhere to regulatory requirements.
· Prepare/assist with financial regulatory reports. Reports must be accurate, complete and timely, and they must comply with regulatory requirements and accounting policy, posting and netting rules.
· Investigate mark to market differences on a timely manner. Liaise with Product Control, Initiatives and other
· Finance groups for all legal entities to resolve any issues.
· Prepare/review standard and non‐standard accounting entries and supporting schedules according to
· Accounting/control procedures and hedge effectiveness guidelines to adhere to regulatory guidelines.
· Validate and agree daily expected funding with DFE team, to GL cash accounting entries (source system) and in conjunction with back office reconciliation of the expected GL to actual settlements clearing via source system/business line suspense org units.
· Assist with the training, cross training and job shadowing of new staff in department to ensure consistency and customer satisfaction
· Produce month‐end attestation packages to meet Finance and governance reporting requirements.
· Train on various reporting books to cover for vacation or illness.
· Frequent contact with Product Control Analysts to confirm details on reporting issues
· Frequent contact with Treasury CFO as well as Reporting and Accounting policy teams to discuss accounting guidelines.
· Quarterly contact (or as required) with internal and external auditors, control division and compliance with regard to processes and controls.
· Occasional contact with Technology (all levels) on new releases regarding testing of data and functionality.
· Provide SME knowledge to members of the initiatives team to help complete projects
Must Have/ Technical Skills:
· Minimum Five - Seven years of business related experience
· Completed professional designations (CFA, CPA)
· Extensive knowledge of financial instruments
· Solid understanding of multiple trading and reporting systems within Treasury and Capital Markets.
· Effective interpersonal relations, including good teamwork/partnerships and relationship building sufficient to act in a collaborative manner given team members’ different backgrounds and experiences.
· Effective time management, ability to work independently, plan and prioritize work so that financial reporting and month‐end activities are performed as per client and regulatory requirements.
· Strong problem solving, analytics thinking and sound judgment when making decisions requiring a high degree of knowledge and attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and quickly solve problems to a satisfactory conclusion for all stakeholders.
· Compliance with all regulatory training and ensure these programs and policies are applied consistently across the business. The incumbent is personally responsible for compliance with all such regulatory and governance programs.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com . VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Toronto . New York . Houston . Manila