VTRAC Consulting Corporation
“Solutions for Growth”
Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: CONTRACT - Intermediate/Senior Telecommunication Analyst, JOB No. 8646 Attention: email@example.com or call: (416) 366-2600
Job No.: 8646
Position: Intermediate/Senior Telecommunication Analyst - CONTRACT
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 10 Months - Contract
Description: We have a requirement for one Intermediate/Senior Telecommunications Analyst (TCA) to work as a satellite of existing IM/IT Projects cell.
- Analyses user requirements, develops or endorses or reviews the general specifications for telecommunications systems and develops broad system alternatives; identifies the administrative, operational, economic and technical feasibility of alternative solutions as well as associated policy and organizational change requirements;
- Analyses and evaluates telecommunications alternatives based on make-buy, impact and cost/benefit considerations, and proposes, justifies, plans and provides costs of implementation of the selected alternatives;
- Prepares specifications related to the functional requirements of the client department's application to ensure that the objectives of the users are fully identified;
- Monitors the design, implementation and operations startup of the proposed system in compliance with established goals, objectives and milestones; and
- Assists in the development of current, long range and strategic information technology and information management plans.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Extensive (5 to 10 years) related telecommunications/informatics experience in
- multi-service, high technology, user oriented environment with progressively more complex and responsible duties;
- evaluation of voice and data telecommunications services, in conducting detailed cost-benefit analyses of telecommunications alternatives;
- developing information and implementation programs and materials for telecommunications systems and services;
- preparing and presenting formal recommendations; and
- Post-secondary educational or experience equivalency in IT infrastructure related field.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with DND, SSC or other major government department;
- Experience using AutoCAD, MS Visio to read and edit blueprints/design diagrams.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.