The Pason Power team focuses on the monitoring and intelligent control of distributed energy storage systems. There will be a number of potential applications ranging from installation of energy storage with solar/PV systems to utility companies looking to build a responsive and adaptable electrical grid. You will have the opportunity to combine your experience with Pason’s in data acquisition and embedded control systems combined with cutting edge Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud technologies to provide a best in class solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Work as a part of an agilescrum team, contributing to the development of the Pason Power product line
● Contribute to the development of Pason Power web applications and monitoring & control systems
● Work alongside data science engineers to improve and optimize control system algorithms
● Maintain and extend reliable communications with external hardware devices using protocols such as Modbus, CANbus, ZigBee, etc.
● Further the integration with cloud services and IoT transport mechanisms
● Write unit and integration tests
● Troubleshoot and provide timely solutions for production issues
● Understand and contribute to the development of system architecture
● Participate in Code Reviews
● Participate in team technical discussions, challenge ideas and present solutions and approaches to be considered by the team
● Participate and contribute in weekly Agile meetings, discuss and present work accomplished and provide constructive feedback to help improve the team
● Contribute to our evolving development environment through research, experiment with new technologies and attend conferences or courses. Educate your peers on what you have learned.
● Travel to our Houston office 1-2 weeks per year to spend time working in person with the technical team there
● Experience with the React.js framework
● Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
● Proficiency in Linux
● Experience working with hardware / IoT device control systems
● Experience with Test Driven Development / Behavioral Driven Development
● Experience providing leadership in technical teams
● Experience working with protocols such as Modbus, CANbus, ZigBee etc.
● Familiar with RESTful APIs
● Familiar with container technologies (Docker)
● Familiar with messaging protocols such as MQTT or AMQP
● Build automation / continuous integration / continuous delivery experience
● NoSQL database experience (MongoDB, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, etc.)
● Working in cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
● A knack for benchmarking and optimization
● Agile/Scrum experience
● Experience in integration and unit testing
● Ability to work in a team or as an individual.
● 3+ years of software development experience on commercial development teams
● Experience on complex and technically diverse projects would be an asset
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or related experience
If this sounds like Your Pason, and you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you will join a talented group of imaginative and creative people, then we would like to hear from you. We invite you to www.pason.com/careers to apply. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.