ARE YOU AN EXPEREIENCED INTERNAL CONTROL & GOVERNANCE ANALYST LOOKING TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is looking for an experienced professional to join their team for a 12 month contract.
Internal Control & Governance Analyst – 12 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
- Creating and maintaining the directory hierarchy, which will correspond to a template
- Assist management with obtaining and properly storing all the necessary evidence required and described with the template on the frequency stipulated
- Become familiar and read any enterprise-wide policies that have an impact on the organization (i.e. Records Retention, Reconciliations, etc.) and provide a brief overview and facilitate discussion at the bi-weekly team meetings
- Work with management and assist with creating and/or sourcing all necessary documentation required for annual reviews by the Independent Controls Group and bi-annual Corporate Audit
- Perform reviews of assigned documents such as the organization chart, inventory of accounts and BMAs, etc.
- Assist with gathering documentation and evidence for the quarterly deliverables
- Assist Associate Directors with documentation of semi-annual process testing exercises, in accordance with Basel requirements
- Attend the bi-weekly Basel Governance meeting, with the Associate Director
- Assist with formulating responses, gathering documentation and collecting evidence associated with the annual Basel Pillar I Self-Assessment Process (SAP) in order to facilitate the annual certification to OSFI
- Assist with other Governance matters as warranted and directed by the Associate Director
- Assist management with the tracking, maintenance and coordination of internal checklists, which includes details on standard deliverables, tasks and reports
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of the Non-Standards tracking spreadsheet, which includes non-standard and manual entries and any exceptions that the organization is required to track
- Assist with operational gap analysis against Best Practice Guidance
- Assist Associate Director with closing of dormant counterparty side-book accounts
- Assist with maintaining a check list for new hires and de-hires to assist management,
- Assist with orientation of new hires, specifically providing necessary documentation in accordance with the new hires’ check list and new hire access to systems and networks and training materials as required
- Assist with ordering of computers or other electronic devices as relevant,
- Provide for any coordination and documentation associated with the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) processes or deliverables, such as the call tree, off-site testing, walking new employees to the alternative BCP site, etc.
- Perform a monthly reconciliation between all ISDA/CSAs in the Calypso Collateral Management Module (CCMM) against the ISDA Master List and track any reconciling items through to completion
- Facilitate the management of off-site document storage requirements with Iron Mountain
- 1 to 3 years of experience within a Big 4 accounting firm
- CPA enrolled, degree in a related area
- Capital markets experience is an asset
- Candidates with governance/audit/internal controls background will be preferred
- Intermediate level for MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to question status quo and actively participate in team meetings and discussions
- Proven analytical skills
- Quick learner who will take initiative and ownership on each project
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #20870.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.