- Are you an experienced advisor who is passionate about wealth management?
- Are you a great communicator who enjoys building relationships?
- We offer top quartile brokerage compensation and unlimited referrals through our branch network.
- Become an Investment Advisor
As an Investment Advisor with Servus Credit Union, (working through Credential Securities Inc., our full service brokerage provider) you are a senior member of a dynamic, professional wealth team. You play an integral role in providing superior personalized advice to high net worth member-owners. You have a strong desire to learn, a keen understanding of the sales process, and you provide top quality products to ensure your client’s reach their financial goals.Principal Duties Delivery of Financial Planning to Members
The Investment Advisor will build relationships with members by completing a Financial Plan by gathering information, analyzing their situation and presenting a plan that will be implemented and be subject to on-going review. The investment Advisor will also deliver Canadian Securities Institute and Servus Credit Union products, services and financial planning solutions to members and prospective members.Delivery of Investment Products to Members
As diversification is the best way to take advantage of all market conditions, a balanced portfolio including fixed income and mutual funds is desired, where applicable. The Investment Advisor is required to identify opportunities for referrals to their team.Sales and Service
The Investment Advisor will be assigned targets relating to revenue, marketing calls and sales appointments with the aim to produce new business generate referrals and complete retirement/financial plans. In addition, they are expected to support their branches in their pursuit of targets and sales objectives which includes: retention of existing business and referrals to generate Membership and Loan Growth. Of primary importance is the level of service provided to our Top 10% depositors.Administration and Compliance
The Investment Advisor is required to complete all documentation with a high degree of accuracy and adhere to all regulatory requirements (completion and update of KYC, file maintenance/notes etc.)
- Train, motivate and guide staff in the sales area to ensure high quality service is provided to members and that the needs of the organization and the individuals are met
- Provide regular one on one coaching sessions with all Personal Bankers (Financial Advisors) as required
- Interact competently and courteously with members and staff at all times. Personally recognize and act on opportunities to sell specified products and services and acquire new business. Ensure member complaints and inquires are addressed promptly and efficiently
- Supervise and provide ongoing service and general financial advice to members in the areas of Wealth Management
- Manage the development of quality growth to branch goals, keeping in mind all corporate and branch objectives
- Develop business connections through external contacts and build referral relationships
- Canadian Securities Course and Conduct and Practices Handbook
- IIROC registered
- Accredited financial planning designation such as a CFP, PFP or RFP
- University degree, post secondary education or related experience
- Prior retail banking and credit assessment experience is essential. The ability to work quickly without sacrificing accuracy is essential.
- The incumbent must possess superior communication, sales and service skills and have the ability to build trust and long term relationships with our members.
- The Investment Advisor is expected to remain current on market conditions and industry updates.
- Minimum of three years related experience in the securities industry, including selling individual securities and developing financial plans
- Proven track record of successfully building wealth management relationships with clients
- Working knowledge of life insurance and estate and trust solutions
- Working knowledge of various financial planning and computer software programs to produce written financial plans and manage customer communications
- Mutual Funds License
We thank all applicants for their interest in Servus Credit Union.
Please note: This position is responsible for the Lethbridge and Crowsnest Pass marketplace.
Why Servus Credit Union? We live our values in how we do business and how we treat our employees. Servus Credit Union is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Servus is committed to being socially responsible and living the co-operative values. Through our operations, we strive to make a positive impact on our economy, the environment and society. We know that our employees are our most valuable assets so we offer ongoing growth and career advancement and we reward employees for their hard work and achievements.