We are Systematix and we are currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to partner with us to help one of our key clients optimize their web real estate.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
We are looking for a Solutions Development Analyst/Java Developer who will be responsible for business requirements analysis and producing detailed design specifications. As Analyst/Developer you will be required to develop and test software to support the implementation of business solutions to meet business requirements. You will also be responsible for providing customer consulting on the portfolio of supported systems.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing applications (software, procedures, etc.) for new solutions from Solution Assessment to final implementation following the current SDLC standards.
- Performing Detailed Data and System Analysis based on Project/business requirements.
- Revising and developing applications for enhancement and maintenance projects. Design, code, test and debug all software and procedures.
- Creating all required system documentation for new and revised programs, environments and data structures. Evaluate and recommend solutions. Participate in reviews (design, code, etc.), Provide Tier 3 support/maintenance to production systems, as required
- Training Operations and customers on new or revised applications, systems, environment setup or procedures as they relate to implementing and operating the Solution. Developing setup, plan and refining project environments required for development and testing by working with Environment Analysts, Technology Infrastructure Analysts and Operations.
- Maintaining knowledge of current industry trends and new technologies.
ABOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS
- Post secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 8+ years of experience with web development
- Strong experience in integrating legacy systems using web services
- Expertise in Java, with excellent knowledge of its ecosystems
- Strong experience creating SOAP-based web services (JSON, REST, HTTP)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and implementation
- Experience with web development technology and tools
- Experience with Glassfish application server
- Experience with SOUPUI web service testing tool
- Experience with Enterprise JavaBeans 3
- Experience with XML based technology
- Strong understanding of the full development life cycle
- Excellent communication skills
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 6 month contract position, with a high probability of extension to be carried out at our client’s location in the Vancouver area.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact us or submit your resume to email@example.comHelp. If you know someone who may be suited for this role, Systematix offers a referral fee for successful placements.
Systematix is one of Canada’s largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. With offices across Canada, we provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to hundreds of Regional, National, Provincial and Federal Government clientele.
At Systematix, we pride ourselves in taking care of our consultant partnerships - by doing the little things that matter - like taking the time to get to know you, knowing when an opportunity is the perfect fit, informing you every step of the way, and building the foundation for long term relationships. We do the same with our clients, concerning ourselves more with the project than the position, so that we have the information you need to ensure an opportunity is right for you. We only work with people who enjoy making a difference.
At Systematix, we bring people and projects together!