Manpower is seeking an experienced Junior Buyer to fulfill a long term contract position in Joffre, AB.
The working hours are Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 3:30pm or 7:30am to 4:00pm.
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual to fill a Tactical Buyer role within the Purchasing & Supply team. The environment is a very fast paced, high volume environment. The successful candidate will be looking for growth opportunities and be willing to take on new challenges in support of our team.
In this role as a Junior Buyer, you will be working within the Purchasing & Supply team in a fast paced environment, your responsibilities will included:
• Contacting vendors to obtain &/or verify price, part number, source of supply.
• Make delivery arrangements with carriers and vendors.
• Creating purchase orders against date driven requirement and ensuring all pertinent information is obtained and verified with the vendor and end user.
• Releasing purchase orders against vendor agreements
• Seeking/recording/updating material source of supply and information within the system to streamline future purchases.
• Assisting with material information updates and changes.
• Confirming and expediting purchase orders to maintain on-time delivery.
• Resolving discrepancies between purchase orders and vendor invoices.
• Following up on non-conformance of materials and deliveries with end user and/or vendor and identifying trends or patterns.
• Qualifying Contractors for onsite labor prior to Purchase Order creation
• Maintaining Vendor base for timely and accurate supply alignment
• Participating in the implementation of improvement plans.
Successful candidates will have:
• University graduate with 2 years related experience or Business Diploma with 3 - 5 years’ experience, or more than 5 years of directly related experience.
• Ability to communicate clearly to customers at all levels in the company.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
• High level of proficiency in the use of a computer including the Microsoft office suite and SAP. SAP material management or plant maintenance areas considered an asset.
• Ability to work unsupervised, meet deadlines and identify continuous improvement opportunities
• Ability to work under pressure of changing priorities.
• Thoroughness and a high attention to detail.
To apply for this position, please apply online and/or create and manage your profile at www.manpower.ca Alternatively, you can email us directly at email@example.com or contact us at 403 342 2166. Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
You can also follow us on Facebook (@manpower.alberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), Twitter (@ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (Manpower Alberta) for more information on our current Companies and Job Postings