The Junior Clerk, Grade III position has basic responsibilities for mailroom duties, data entry, back-up for reception/switchboard, and other duties as required.
NOTE: This is a unionized position.
- Provide reception/switchboard relief
- Greet and assist visitors in a courteous manner
- Answer phones in a courteous manner
- Record messages accurately
- Direct calls and respond to inquiries
- Provide information of a general nature
- Send, receive and direct couriers
- Order and organize stationery supplies and reconcile invoices
- Open and sort incoming mail and stamp as received
- Distribute incoming mail
- Sort and process outgoing mail
- Prepare mailings as needed
- Data entry of marine overtime
- Perform other administrative and clerical duties as required
Education & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12
- Computer skills with a demonstrated ability to work with computer applications such as word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software in a Windows environment.
- 55 wpm keyboard skills with high degree of accuracy.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate courteously and effectively with various groups in writing, in person and on the telephone.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain sustained attention to detail with high level of accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while dealing with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to exercise initiative and contribute ideas to improving departmental operations and service to employees.
- Ability to work effectively within a team with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in working with employee information.