Junior Corporate Accountant, Toronto, ON. Contract Vacancy with Potential for Permanency
Your new company
Hays Accounting & Finance Contract has partnered with a leader in the asset management industry. We are seeking a Junior Corporate Accountant to join the property and finance operations based in down town Toronto. We are seeking a Junior Corporate Accountant for a 2 - 3 month contract with potential for extension or permanency after a performance based review. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional seeking an opportunity to work for a leader in the property management industry.
Your new role
The Junior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for financial reporting requirements including: quarterly financial statements, annual business planning initiatives, legal entity financial statements and other ad hoc tasks.
- Prepare financial information reported both internally and externally (Quarterly internal package and board packages)
- Assist in the preparation of debt covenant reporting packages and supporting documents
- Assist with business planning initiatives
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned to assist corporate accounting group
What you'll need to succeed
This position requires an individual with excellent communication and organizational skills. Being able to work both in a team and independently in a highly deadline driven environment are essential. Strong attention to detail, the ability to self-motivate and take the initiative to solve problems, while ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Minimum 1-2 years general accounting experience
- Experience in real estate and financial reporting preferred but not required
- University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent.
- Currently pursuing a CPA designation
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience in analysis and review of financial statements preferred
What you'll get in return
This is a contract opportunity based in down town Toronto offering $22.00 - $25.00 an hour. There is potential for extension or permanency after a performance based review.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.