Junior Legal Assistant - 1-2 Month Contract - Downtown Toronto
Your new company
Hays Specialist Recruitment has partnered with a corporate services company that matches the needs of small to midsized reporting issuers. We are looking to hire a Junior Legal Assistant to join their team. This will be a 1-2 month contract, which has the possibility of permanent or extension. This candidate will be working out of their Toronto office (Richmond/Church).
Your new role
- Typing minutes from meetings attended by Team Leads
- Board and Committee meetings: preparing Notices and Agendas, compiling and distributing board packages; preparing and circulating an annual calendar of board and committee meetings and other key deliverables or dates
- Maintaining the client Minute Books - hard copy and electronic versions, and respective minute book logs
- Organizing annual meetings
- Scanning Warrant Agreements that come to the office
- Stock Option and Warrants - typing stock option & warrant agreements
- Booking appointments with Google Calendar
- Responding to email queries
- Answering the phone and greeting clients
- Doing SEDAR and SEDI filings as needed
- Performing other related duties as required by the President, Vice President or other Team members
What you'll need to succeed
- 2+ years of Legal experience
- Experience working with Transfer Agents and organizing annual meetings a strong asset
- Proficient with Microsoft office, including Excel
- Superior time management skills, multi-tasking skills and the ability to manage priorities
- Outlook and Google apps including Google Calendar and Drive
- Excellent Skills on MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of SEDAR and SEDI
- Typing 50 wpm or higher
What you'll get in return
This position is offering $18.00 - $21.00 per hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.