Pason is the leading global provider of specialized data management systems for land-based and offshore rigs worldwide. Our rental solutions, which include data acquisition, wellsite reporting, remote communications, and web-based information management, enable collaboration between the rig and the office.
Pason’s energized and focused work environment empowers each team member to push the envelope of traditional thinking to create new solutions to old problems. We place considerable focus on a culture that nurtures imagination in an atmosphere where people are free to perform to their fullest potential in an open and friendly environment.
Pason has an immediate opening for a talented Junior Software Developer to be part of the DataHub team in the Calgary office.The Pason DataHub is a web-based data management system where customers can view in real-time key drilling parameters and reports from their rigs. The DataHub team works across Pason’s technology stack with a focus on delivering exceptional user experience while maintaining the DataHub’s high-availability and scalability.
The Junior Software Developer will be involved in developing and sustaining activities throughout the DataHub development lifecycle. Activities include: gathering requirements, producing estimates, generating object oriented designs and implementations, testing, providing customer support. Additionally, this position has a strong DevOps and Continuous Delivery component, with active involvement in automating all aspects of the software delivery process. The DataHub is an agile software development team; the successful candidate will work closely with other software developers, user experience specialists and quality assurance professionals to ensure timely delivery of commercial grade web and desktop applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with an agile development team using a variety of technologies to develop features and functionality for our core DataHub product.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development and delivery processes, including defining requirements, system design, estimating, code reviews, unit tests, documentation, testing, deployment automation and monitoring tools.
- Provide Tier 3 and customer support, perform root-cause analysis for field and lab issues involving Pason DataHub products.
- Work with Product Management, Quality Assurance, and User Experience teams to deliver features and functionality that provide exceptional user experience.
Essential Job Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in either Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related.
- 1 year of professional work experience or undergrad work terms.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid object oriented design/implementation background.Experience with one OO language like Java, C#, C++, or Python. Subversion, GIT, or background in an equivalent source code management tool is an asset.
- Experience with web-based technologies and frameworks.
- Experience using SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with Linux OS. Exposure to virtual environments is an asset.
- Experience with industry standard software development lifecycle. Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum an asset.
- Ability to generate test plans and estimates for testing SW projects.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, and Gradle is a strong asset.
- Experience with tools such as JIRA and Confluence is an asset.
- Superior reasoning and analytical skills as well as high degree of initiative, common sense and logical and creative thinking.
- Strong passion for software development and a history of getting things done.
- Well-developed communication, reporting, and presentation skills.
- A strong commitment to quality.
- The ability to work in a team or as an individual.
Working at Pason
Pason promotes a healthy lifestyle within and outside the workplace. Employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive base salary compensation, discretionary performance bonus, stock options and a comprehensive benefit program
- Access to onsite amenities such as fitness and workout rooms; Pilates and yoga classes
- Foosball, ping-pong, and an outdoor ball hockey area
- Free parking and bicycle storage
- Summer barbeques, and other Pason-sponsored social and community activities held throughout the year
If this sounds like Your Pason, and you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you will join a talented group of imaginative and creative people, then we would like to hear from you. We invite you to forward your application email@example.comHelp with “Junior DataHub Software Developer” in the subject field. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.