The Pason Power team focuses on the monitoring and intelligent control of distributed energy storage systems. There will be a number of potential applications ranging from installation of energy storage with solar/PV systems to utility companies looking to build a responsive and adaptable electrical grid. You will have the opportunity to combine your experience with Pason’s in data acquisition and embedded control systems combined with cutting edge Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud technologies to provide a best in class solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Work as a part of an agile scrum team, contributing to the development of the Pason Power product line
● Contribute to the development of Pason Power web applications and monitoring & control systems
● Work alongside data science engineers to improve and optimize control system algorithms
● Maintain and extend reliable communications with external hardware devices using protocols such as Modbus, CANbus, Zigbee, etc
● Further the integration with cloud services and IoT transport mechanisms
● Write unit and integration tests
● Contribute to support for production issues
● Participate in team technical discussions
● Participate in Code Reviews
● Participate and contribute in weekly Agile meetings, discuss and present work accomplished and provide constructive feedback to help improve the team
● Contribute to our evolving development environment through research, experiment with new technologies and attend conferences or courses. Educate your peers on what you have learned.
● Travel to our Houston office 1-2 weeks per year to spend time working in person with the technical team there
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Experience working with hardware / IoT device control systems
● Experience with Test Driven Development / Behavioral Driven Development
● Experience providing leadership in technical teams
● Familiar with RESTful APIs
● Exposure to code versioning tools such as Git
● Exposure to Linux
● Ability to work in a team or as an individual.
● Familiar with container technologies (Docker)
● Familiar with messaging protocols such as MQTT or AMQP
● Build automation / continuous integration / continuous delivery experience
● NoSQL database experience (MongoDB, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, etc)
● Working in cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc)
● Agile/Scrum experience
● 1+ years of software development experience working on commercial software projects or Software development internship
● Meaningful or sustained contributions to open source projects or experience with substantial personal projects is considered an asset
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or Electrical/Computer Engineering or related experience
If this sounds like Your Pason, and you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you will join a talented group of imaginative and creative people, then we would like to hear from you. We invite you to www.pason.com/careers to apply. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.