Job Title: Land and Community Agent
Employment Duration: Full time; for a 1 year project, with potential for extension
Position Objective: As a part of the key project personnel, this position is will be the liaison between the company and the public on issues that are raised regarding the construction phase of the project. Ensuring customer focus when problems arise, so that they can be resolved in a safe and timely manner. Critical for success will be the ability to problem solve with a strong focus on communication to multiple stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Chair and facilitate the weekly Public Communications Meeting
- Ensure the schedule of construction activities and required public, stakeholder, or government, agency notifications are clearly communicated
- Ensure accurate tracking and action log to track public complaints
- When required, be present at monthly public meeting (outside regular business hours)
- Keep an active log of public complaints from local residents and businesses regarding aspects of the construction work that impact local residents and businesses during the construction phase of the project.
- Promptly address concerns or negative impacts that arise from the construction phase within the project
- Ensure clear communication to residents when vehicle access is unavailable for extending periods. Also when utility services including water, sewer, electricity, internet, cable TV or gas utilities will be effected in surrounded communities
- Ensure that there is plan of action/ response for unplanned or emergency situations
- High School Diploma, with training and courses in the related field
- High degree of mediation skills to de-escalate situations and resolve conflicts
- Experience in community relations (Events, Volunteerism etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Ability to present to large groups
- Pipeline construction knowledge
Physical demands: While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand and walk on uneven and slippery surfaces in all weather conditions. While preforming the duties of the job the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions and loud noise.