On behalf of our local, Downtown Vancouver client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking a Lead Developer, Data Services to join our client’s team on a Permanent basis. This role will be very hands on and will be focused on system architecture, software design, research, testing and development. Heavy work/life balance (5 weeks of vacation to start*), shortened workweeks in the summer (paid), a fantastic team, fully stocked kitchen, and a very healthy benefits package is among the perks.
You will have the opportunity to learn cutting edge technologies and will be exposed to strong Agile/Scrum teams alike within the company. Entirely based on AWS, their customers are worldwide enterprises where you'll be a big part in shaping their system and building their team.
More importantly, you will have a strong desire to learn and demonstrated ability to pickup what you don't know (only ~50% of the technologies listed below are required - the rest will be an opportunity to learn)
- This role is very hands on and will be focused on system architecture, software design, research, testing and development
- Plan, design and coordinate the development of new software components for their data aggregation and storage systems
- Mentor, train, and onboard new hires and participate in code reviews and other technical discussions
- Work together with the team to mange the operations of data processing and storage systems to ensure efficiency whilst upgrading and developing maintenance procedures as needed
- Draft technical documentation of software, development environments, production environments, as well as procedures
- Lead team meetings and discussions for estimation, software design, software development, and code reviews
Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience leading teams on projects with data pipelines in MapReduce, Streaming, Batching or similar frameworks in a large-scale production environment
- Will have experience and be comfortable in managing teams, leading, conducting code reviews, training, etc.
- Will have experience with system architecture, software design, research, testing, and development
- Building data pipelines using AWS EMR, AWS Data Pipeline, ECS, SQS or similar technologies
- Scala or other common data pipeline languages like Java, Haskell, etc.
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and similar ETL based frameworks
- Ruby or other scripting languages like Python, Go etc.
- SQL databases like MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, etc.
- NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redshift etc.
- Caches like Redis, Memcache, etc.
- Queue Management Systems like AWS SQS, Resque-Redis, ZeroMQ, Celery, etc.
- Source control like Git
- BDD or TDD development in an Agile-like process
- Post secondary diploma or equivalent degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- 5 weeks of vacation to start*
- Shortened Summer hours: Every Friday is only a 6 hour workday!
- Amazing benefits program including a health and wellness spending account of $2400 in addition/on top of the benefits coverage that is already provided
- Fully stocked kitchen (breakfast, snacks, etc.)
- Positive, collaborative, and fun team environment with a culture that accepts all individuals
- Ability to learn and be exposed to cutting edge technologies
- Plenty of opportunities for further education and career growth
This is a full-time permanent role based in Downtown, Vancouver. Work environment is casual and comfortable.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.