As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Assistant will provide administrative support to Magna's Law Clerks on a part-time, temporary basis.
* Support law clerks by inputting, revising, editing and proofreading documents, agreements, correspondence, regulatory forms and other items * Prepare routine legal and banking documents under supervision of law clerk * Perform various clerical duties including organizing/maintaining files, records and correspondence and provide systematic follow up * Complete special projects with minimum supervision
Knowledge and Education
* Highly organized and detail oriented * Self motivated, results oriented and comfortable working with deadlines * Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing * Above average reading, spelling and grammatical skills * Demonstrated ability to work independently * High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook * A positive, energetic and professional disposition * Strong interpersonal skills, a team player, with ability to manage work from multiple sources * Recent experience in a law firm or in house legal department preferred * Minimum Grade 12 Canadian Secondary School level
* Ability to meet demanding time frames, which may require extra hours on short notice from time to time * Able to handle/ maintain confidential information and data constantly and discretely
Skills and Competencies
* FLUENCY IN ENGLISH, AS WELL AS MANDARIN (VERBAL) AND STANDARD CHINESE (WRITTEN)
* Standard office environment * Working hours: 40 hours per week * No travel required
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.