VTRAC Consulting Corporation
“Solutions for Growth”
Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject:Legal Assistant/Law Clerk (Immigration),JOB No. 8900, Attention:email@example.com or call: (416) 366-2600ext: 227
Position:Legal Assistant/Law Clerk
Position Type: Permanent
No. of Positions:1
We are looking for a talented Legal Assistant/Law Clerk with strong communication skills and experience in immigration and refugee law located in downtown Toronto. Someone who will provide administrative and legal support to the lawyer in our busy law office on a range of files, including the preparation of economic permanent residence applications, sponsorship applications, humanitarian applications, applications for temporary resident visas, citizenship applications, work permits, etc.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Immigration Legal Assistantand administrative / secretarial service; basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, electronic databases and the Internet
- Performs administrative support tasks that are customer service/clerical in nature.
- Can operate the advanced features of a phone/voicemail. Able to set up and manage a hard copy or electronic filing system. Can organize one or multiple hard copy or electronic calendars.
- Comfortable supporting more than one team member and interacting with different types of clients
- Knows how to operate most office equipment.
- Data entry using case management program
- Impeccable attention to detail*
- Arranging for courier and processing servers;
- Strong research skills and high aptitude for writing and editing
- Communicating with existing clients and strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of materials for hearings and arranging delivery of legal correspondence to clients, Scheduling mediations, motions and examinations for discovery
- Drafting some legal documents, i.e. Affidavit of Documents, assisting with legal forms
- Demonstrates community involvement
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma for paralegal studies/law clerk program
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.