We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Legal Department Director to join our growing team in Toronto! Reporting to the General Counsel, the Legal Department Director will support multiple operations worldwide within Venus Concept Canada Corp. ("Venus Concept") including headquarters in Israel, R&D, production, sales, and procurement and will collaborate with members of the legal team and other internal stakeholders, to assist with the coordination of legal and business affairs matters. The Legal Department Director will be based in our Head Office (255 Consumers Rd, Suite 110, Toronto, On M2J 1R4).
What you’ll do:
* Oversee the organization and maintenance of legal files (for both Canada and Israel), corporate minute books, and closing books, including the maintenance and updating of online data sites.
* Oversee the preparation of documents (relating to incorporations, organizations, formations of limited partnerships, fundamental changes, etc.) and attend to all government filings.
* Oversee the preparation of routine corporate documentation to effect changes in directors, officers, shareholders, registered office or banking.
* Provide support for complex, international legal issues.
* Collaborate with local and international legal teams in the areas of legal, security, compliance to ensure risk identification and management.
* Manage employee training on relevant areas of law.
* Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within the global organization.
* Assist General Counsel in the review and approval of digital marketing materials and website content.
* Manage administrative tasks within the Legal Department, including the payment of service provider invoices, internal tracking and monitoring tools, and legal billing management.
What you’ll need:
* Bachelor (or higher) degree in the field of law or business administration, from an accredited educational institution.
* Minimum of two years of relevant experience in the legal industry.
* Strong knowledge of the Israeli legal system.
* Must have a valid passport and be able to travel internationally up to 10-15% of the time.
* Fluency in English is mandatory. Fluency in Hebrew is preferred but not mandatory.
Terms of employment:
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position. The Legal Department Director will receive an annual salary of $85,010.00 per year. The candidate will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on performance.
Employee benefits will include: (1) extended medical, (2) vision care, (3) life insurance, (4) dental benefits, and (5) three weeks of vacation per year.
About Venus Concept
Venus Concept® is a leading global medical technology company that develops, commercializes, and delivers safe, efficacious, and easy-to-use aesthetic technologies and related practice enhancement services in a unique, industry-disruptive subscription-based business model. Venus Concept's devices have been designed in cost-effective and proprietary ways that enables the company to expand beyond the aesthetic industry's traditional markets of dermatology and plastic surgery, and into non-traditional markets—such as family practice, general practice, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, and medical spas. The company has expanded its subscription platform and is now selling its devices in over 60 countries, including 27 with direct offices. Venus Concept now has over 400 global employees whose customer-centric approach has supported the company's rapid growth. For more information, please visit www.venusconcept.com.