Our client is looking for a Library Technician to join their team for a 3-month Contract
· Post-secondary school training in library sciences
· Experience in shelving library materials.
· Experience in library integrated systems
· Performing circulation duties, including check-in and check-out
· Managing the serials collection including checking in periodicals, claiming and binding;
· Labeling and processing catalogued library material as well as adding copies;
· Stack management, including shelving, preparing signs for library collections;
· Preparing surplus library materials for disposal by creating and circulating lists of surplus library material; sending surplus library material to requesting libraries; boxes remaining surplus library material for disposal;
· Preparing material for digitization;
· General library support including shelving, retrieving and processing library mail, photocopying, and mailing out library material; and
· Other paraprofessional library duties as assigned by manager.