ASUS has long been at the forefront of the information technology industry and although the company started as a humble motherboard manufacturer with only a handful of employees, it is now a dominant player in the global market and employs over 17,000 people in 50 countries around the world. ASUS makes products in almost every conceivable category of information technology, including PC components and peripherals, desktops, notebooks, tablets, servers and smartphones.
ASUS innovation continues to be recognized by prestigious international media organizations, and our products are consistently acknowledged with CES Innovation, iF Design, Good Design, and Red Dot awards. In 2016, we garnered 4,385 awards for design innovation, product quality, environmental responsibility, and customer service. Last year, ASUS was named amongst the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine. The company revenue was US$13.3 billion in 2016.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and managing one direct report, the responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will play a key role in growing the North American brand strategy and advertising plan. He/she will be tasked with managing the marketing communications initiatives that support ASUS’ marketing strategy, build the brand, engage consumers, and provide an exceptional customer experience in the consumer market.
The Marketing Manager will be an advocate for brand & creative initiatives in the North American region, and focus on promotional vehicles available to drive business results. He/she will be responsible for the execution of marketing initiatives including integrated marketing campaigns, traditional advertising (broadcast/print/out-of-home) and digital advertising creative, experiential marketing, influencer marketing, and corporate sponsorship & events, including eSports events. The Marketing Manager will also manage consumer PR for the Canadian region.
This role will include the Smartphone, Laptop & 2-in-1 PC, Tablet, Desktop & All-in-One, Display, Computer Component, Networking, and Accessories portfolios with a focus on our premium ZenBook and Republic of Gamers product lines.
- Plan, manage and influence the implementation of marketing communications strategies in line with the company’s objectives
- Manage day-to-day relationships with agencies and external vendors such as creative agencies, experiential agencies, graphic designers, and printers to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns
- Work closely with public relations agency to respond to information requests from the media and to ensure corporate targets are achieved
- Work on Canadian gaming event sponsorships and eSports influencer campaigns
- Work with the in-house design team and external agencies to develop and localize creative assets.
- Work closely with the North American marketing team, including Product Marketing, Social Media, Channel Marketing, and PR, to ensure consistency and seamless integration of all marketing material and messaging
- Work closely with ASUS HQ and the global marketing team to provide guidance on worldwide marketing initiatives and campaigns
- Help teams understand the ASUS brand guidelines, including visual standards, and apply them to all client-facing initiatives
- Liaise with key business partners to ensure ASUS creative is compliant with partner funding requirements
- Plan and track budget efficiently and effectively to maximize usage of funding
- Work with accounting team to manage and process vendor invoices
Required Skills & Abilities
- Solid understanding & experience of the strategy, planning and tactical execution phases of marketing communications and managing large integrated marketing campaigns
- A clear understanding of brand marketing strategy and above-the-line advertising tactics
- Experience managing working relationship with multiple agencies, including bid process, negotiations, briefing, execution, and post-campaign analysis
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders and build business partnerships
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp and explain complex situations and issues
- Thorough understanding of established and emerging advertising mediums including traditional (broadcast/print/out-of-home), online (paid/earned/owned), social media, experiential, and partnership & events
- Ability to adapt to a demanding, rapidly changing work environment and to handle numerous duties, manage budgets, balance ongoing requests, set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Organized, self-starting independence with the ability to engage and motivate others and confidently communicate ideas
- Ability to think through issues from an end-to-end perspective
- Attention to detail, a creative eye and comfort with subjectivity, as well as a structured approach to analysis
- Positive, results-oriented attitude
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Google for Work, and project management tools
- Fluent in English, and French is an asset
- At least 5 years of experience in a marketing communications role with an agency or large national company with experience managing an agency
- Experience managing, coaching and evaluating a direct report
- Relevant marketing experience in consumer electronics or technology is a strong asset
- An understanding of gaming and the eSports ecosystem is a strong asset
Required Professional Designation/Certification
- University degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, or a related discipline required
ASUS is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and recognizes its obligation to provide accommodation in the job application process to persons with disabilities on request, up to the point of undue hardship. Requests for accommodation should be directed to Josephine Kwan, Human Resources please put on subject line AODA.