This position is for Deco Automotive a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Deco Automotive, located in Rexdale and Brampton, Ontario is an automotive parts manufacturing facility that produces structural automotive components for Original Equipment Manufacturers ("OEM") including BMW, Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Tesla, and Toyota/Lexus. Deco Automotives' capabilities include; Stamping, Hydroforming, Laser, CNC Machining, E Coating, Steel and Aluminum Assembly. We are certified in ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
The Maintenance Manager manages the Maintenance department with respect to Employee Charter, Company operating policies, meet or exceed KPI's, and Employee Opinion Survey requirements.
- Understand, promote and live by Magna's philosophies and the Employee's Charter
- Establish and maintain effective communications with all Departments.
- Conduct all business activity in a professional manner consistent with the positive leadership practices (i.e., Magna Employee's Charter, Company Policies/Procedures).
- Involved in recruiting for Department/Company.
- Formal performance feedback to all employees annually; informal feedback daily.
- Monitor Team Leaders for completion of their feedback requirements
- KPI, Management and Improvement.
- Training and coaching
- Succession planning
- Plans and directs the utilization and use of all equipment and manpower to achieve the most effective results.
- Be responsible and accountable for meeting Company and departmental objectives.
- Utilize interactive management principles when implementing corrective discipline procedures in dealing with employees. Encourage professional development to enhance team performance. Cross train employees to maximize flexibility and coverage to accommodate vacations and absences.
- Supervise employees in accordance with the principles of the Magna Employee's Charter and the policies and procedures set out in the Company Handbook.
- Enforce company and safety rules, document violations and propose necessary disciplinary actions,
- Perform regular workplace inspection,
- Conduct safety talks, staff meetings and department/line meetings
- Conduct accident/incident investigations
- Ensure that new employees are trained on department hazards and safe operations of equipment
- Correct or commend health and safety performance
- Commitment to work place safety,
- Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures / Policies as stated in the Employee Handbook,
- Commitment and to promote continuous improvement and take advantage of cost reduction opportunities.
Knowledge and Education
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal, problem solving skills and communication skills
- Able to work required hours
- Able to work static or rotating shifts as required
- Able to work in various locations within and outside the plant
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively within team environment
- Mediation skills an asset
- Knowledge of planning, budgets, quotations
- Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures / Policies as stated in the Employee Handbook, Quality and Environmental programs (i.e. TS16949, ISO14001)
- Must possess Human Relations, leadership skills and maturity of judgment
- Must be proficient in computer use
- Physically able to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Good attention to detail, and able to work in a team environment.
- Minimum 5 years work-related leadership experience in a high volume industrial production environment
- Automotive experience would be an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Required to possess a mature, consistent attitude towards the responsibilities of the job.
- Must have strong leadership skills, must be able to lead by example whenever necessary and promote a team approach to problem solving.
- Must have sound knowledge of employment related legislative requirements.
- Must be self-motivated and display the skills required to develop and motivate employees.
- Must be capable of working under pressure and with short completion times on projects.