Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Cineplex currently has an opening at our Home Office in Toronto for the position of Manager, Accounting , reporting to the Executive Director, Finance.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Oversee general ledger accountants and provide support to management group;
- Manage month-end processing including review of journal entries and account reconciliations;
- Organize key data into reports required for operational analysis;
- Perform detailed account investigation and prepare internal monthly reporting package;
- Assist in budget preparation and forecasting;
- Produce ad hoc financial reports, tasks and process improvements as requested ;
- Other projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have 10 years post-CPA designation experience and previously have managed an accounting team, ideally in a public company environment. Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with a high degree of accuracy, effectively managing their time and resources to meet tight deadlines. Candidate must possess very strong analytical skills. Advanced Excel skills are required. Spoken and written French and previous experience working with PeopleSoft would be considered assets.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please