Join the First Transit team as a Manager - Call Center, Vancouver HandiDart to initiate, develop, and maintain a successful contract relationship. First Transit General Managers are committed to safety, customer service and have hands experience in all areas of the transportation business.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefit package, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental,
- A great work environment
Job Purpose :
Plans, directs, and manages all activities within the call center to include dispatch, scheduling, and reservations.
Minimum Education / Certifications :
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Public Administration, Business, Transportation, or a related field (Preferred)
- Plans, directs, and manages all activities within the call centre to include dispatch,
- Ensures compliance with all contractual requirements (including Key Performance Indicators). Safeguards and backs-up data in compliance with contractual and company requirements.
- Directly Supervises all staff and oversees all HR/personnel actions for the call center including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, suspension, termination, etc.
- Monitors call center statistics so as to adjust staffing coverage as needed to maintain optimal performance within budget. Maintains delivery of key performance measures as outlined in the First Transit proposal and contract.
- Monitors scheduling and dispatching activities to ensure customer trips are effectively and reliably scheduled
- A key member of the senior leadership team
- Prepares and delivers monthly client invoice. Ensures collection of monthly invoices.
- Prepares annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts, reviews Profit & Loss statements, reviews and approves all contract expenditures, prepares monthly invoices.
- Develops and implements system policies, procedures, call center scripts, incentive programs to govern staff performance. Ensures compliance with all legal requirements.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Over Seven (7) years of experience in custom or paratransit public transit operations with three (3) years having been in a general management capacity or any equivalent combination of educations and experience
- Custom or Paratransit specific knowledge and/or experience
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of management and supervision
- Thorough knowledge of call centre operations and administrative functions
- Thorough knowledge of scheduling practices (vehicles and drivers)
- Experience using call-centre software and transit schedule software
- Thorough knowledge of occupational safety standards and procedures
- Capability to plan, organize, and direct call centre activities and to train call centre personnel
- Ability to analyze data and write clear, concise reports
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, Para transit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority .