Cineplex is one of Canada"s leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada"s largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Cineplex Marketing department is recruiting for the position of Manager, Film Marketing reporting to the Executive Director, Theatrical Marketing.
The Marketing Manager in Film Marketing is responsible for supporting the Film and Theatrical Marketing teams in all identified Marketing-based initiatives in the development and execution of all Film Studio and film specific CRM promotional programs related to driving attendance and guest engagement.
The key areas of responsibilities of this position include:
- Act as the key point of contact in Customer Strategies working collaboratively with the Film Department to drive Cineplex"s Film Marketing strategy
- Help Theatrical Marketing team leverage Cineplex and SCENE databases to gain insights into purchase behaviour around film, and develop targeted marketing plans based on consumer segmentation.
- Manage a content programming marketing calendar.
- Create a local marketing strategy by market or theatre to promote programming and premium formats/experiences, specifically VIP.
- Identify and evaluate cross-promotional and integrated marketing opportunities around film programming strategy with other internal business units and departments
- Manage coordination and execution of all Film Studio Marketing programs, relationships with external agencies and internal creative and content teams for creative development
- Act as the main point of contact in Marketing to ensure proper use of all Film Studio creative assets.
- Work with film studios on designing and executing CRM promotional programs.
- Oversee Cineplex owned channel strategy and in theatre material management, including all approved priority studio and corporate placement - pre-show, lobby show, digital transit, exterior banners etc.
- Develop and manage project budgets, timelines and pre/post-program ROI evaluations.
- Follow a proper creative and media buy brief protocol with all internal and external stakeholders on assigned marketing campaigns.
- Provide detailed quantitative and qualitative post-analysis on all programs
- Support all other Theatrical Marketing campaigns as needed.
- Other administrative duties as required.
The candidate must be a highly collaborative team player who can influence across and up without reporting line authority.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor"s degree, Post Graduate Program or College Diploma in Marketing or Business is preferred.
- 4+ years of Marketing experience.
- Agency experience also preferable.
- Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Budgeting and business planning
- Ability to follow a proper creative and media brief protocol
- Planning and execution of events/experiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload while multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines in a fast-changing environment.
- Highly energetic team player with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within the Marketing team and cross-functionally with other groups.
- Analytical thinking, both from a customer experience and business results perspective.
- Bilingual communication skills (French & English) would be considered an asset.
**Candidates are encouraged to review the Cineplex LP Annual Reports or visit www.cineplex.com to learn more about the company **
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment"s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please