ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A MANAGER, FINANCIAL REPORTING ROLE THAT OFFERS A GREAT DEAL OF FLEXIBILITY, REWARDS, AND RECOGNITION? Our client is looking for a strong Manager, Financial Reporting to join their team.
Manager, Financial Reporting
The Manager, Financial Reporting will be responsible for the external reporting requirements, including the preparation and review of the quarterly and annual publicly issued financial statements, MD&A and other public disclosure documents. The Manager’s responsibilities include analysis of changes in IFRS accounting standards, assessing their impact on go-forward accounting and overseeing required process changes to ensure compliance.
About the Opportunity
- Manage and co-ordinate financial statement quarterly reviews and annual audits with the external auditors
- Responsible for the preparation and review of draft quarterly and annual financial statements, financial statement notes and MD&A in accordance with IFRS
- Assist in the completion of the Management Information Circular and Annual Information Form as required
- Assist with implementation of accounting policies and internal controls
- Review changes in IFRS accounting standards and assess their impact to go-forward external reporting requirements
- Involvement with ERP assessment and/or implementation
- Prepare pro-forma financial statements for prospectus filings when required
- Assist with M&A works
- Involvement with process improvements
- Participate in special projects/ad hoc reporting as requested
- Accounting Designation (CPA, CA preferred)
- 5+ years of public financial reporting experience at a large multi-national public company or experience at a Big 4 CPA firm
- Experience with Canadian public company filing requirements
- Experience with SEC filing requirements for foreign private issuers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, initiative and ability to multi-task
- Good time management skills, enabling completion of responsibilities within deadlines. Time requirements may include overtime
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #20978.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.