- Do you have a passion for creating Product and Portfolio Development opportunities?
- Can you develop and implement new property information products and services?
- Can you synthesize and provide clear and timely functional requirements recommendations?
- Do you have your finger on the pulse of emerging technology?
- Do you like working in a modern environment of innovation and change?
The Manager, Product Development is a dynamic, newly created role that comes with key accountabilities. Working under the guidance of the Director, Property Information and Marketing, your primary responsibility is to champion the proactive and creative conceptualization, design, development, prioritization, implementation and ongoing improvement of property information products and services with, and for, internal and external stakeholders. Always maintaining a strategic focus and customer perspective, you will ensure the presentation of these products and services is done in a meaningful, clear and intuitive manner; one that drives strategic organizational and customer value.
You will develop business cases; report on progress and KPI’s; support requirements definition and user acceptance testing; and participate in all aspects of implementation planning and execution, including training and roll out. You will demonstrate exceptional knowledge of User Experience and Service Design best practices, as well as proficiency with analytics and compelling data-driven storytelling. You will also provide directional input to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
In order to be successful, you must be an impeccable communicator and be able to bring out the best in people and their ideas through brainstorming and presentations. You must also be able to inspire and lead specialized direct reports and indirect team members from departments across the organization on a variety of innovative projects and change initiatives. This role is exciting and we are looking for the best "spark" to fill it!
Some things you can look forward to achieving in the first year:
- Championing stakeholders and playing a key role in the delivery of the Digital Customer Experience portfolio
- Developing and socializing a robust current and future state vision for products & services that serve a range of customer segments
- Providing direction and support to develop key customer, product and market insights, including opportunity identification & ranking, service blueprints and customer journey mapping
- Driving the effective implementation of priority product roadmap innovations
This is a permanent full-time opportunity with a flexible work location - this role can work out of our office in either Victoria, BC or Vancouver, BC. This role does require some travel.
♦ Location(s): Victoria, BC - Uptown OR Vancouver, BC
♦ Competition Closes: July 24, 2018 at 4:30PM PST
Undergraduate degree in computer science, business administration, marketing, business analysis, information management, software engineering or equivalent.
Eight years recent, related work experience including:
- Service design, product portfolio management, and go to market roll out planning and execution.
- Product portfolio development road mapping (multi-year, multi-product).
- All phases of project development life cycle, including rapid iteration methodology.
- Setting priorities and managing digital interface information/data products and services deliverables.
- Directing and using business intelligence and web analytics tools for systems management and development.
- Information/data services business development, specific experience with property information preferred.
- Preparing cost projections, product proposals, business cases, status reports, and other documentation as required.
- Leading teams with direct reports.
- Managing budgets and resources.
- Presenting compelling recommendations, plans and results to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Working directly with various internal and external stakeholders and end users of all levels.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory criminal record search. A criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily preclude employment with BC Assessment. However, a recent criminal charge or conviction found to be related to the intended employment may result in the loss of an employment opportunity.
Click Here To Apply